Friday 17 August 2012

You're a Classic

Hi Bloggers.

Here's another monochromatic card from the Cars shows, but this time I've used milk card instead of white.


For the background I popped the Tyre Tracks Mask on to some milk card at a jaunty angle and ran it through the Grand Calibur using the embossing sandwich. I inked all over with Black Soot Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam. I curled a couple of the corners using a cocktail stick. I wrapped some Black & White Baker's Twine around the bottom section of the background and tied a Creative Expressions Key Charm which I had coloured with a Black Promarker to it.


I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Classic Cars Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Eight and inked through the die with Black Soot Distress Ink.


I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set again using the Jet Black Archival and embossed with the clear powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Mega Curved Rectangles and inked through the die with Black Soot.


I assembled the card as shown adding dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

16 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, classic card what more can I say, love it.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, Another beautiful card today, I love it. I have never seen the tyre mask, it's brilliant, I will have to look out for that one. Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, a fantastic card. Loving the curled corners. There are quite a few masks I still want to get, and this is one of them. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card again Julia. The curled corners just finish it off.

    Carolyn B

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this one - I love monochromatic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia firstly congrats to Katherine for getting great results. Your card is lovely really like the monochrome look to it ideal for many male birthdays etc xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, i hope your not suffering after the celebrations y/day of kathryns results!
    Another fab male card, i have this mask but never used it! So now you've given me the incentive to use it.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card - I really love monochrome xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi julia love this card another one to add to the male collection!! Plus monochrome cards always look so stylish thanks love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia, Great card love mono. even with cream looks good. Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card Julia and I didn't get a chance to say yesterday, but well done to Kathryn with her exam results, Carole ZX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia
    My husband and son would love a card like this as they are both car barmy.
    Congratulations to your daughter, I don't have to worry about exams just yet with my daughter she is only 13.
    Happy crafting
    Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia
    This is a great manly card and really makes a statement. I sometimes struggle with male cards but these dies sort that problem out. It means all my male cards don't need to always be steampunk cards.
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia, I am really enjoying these car cards and this mono one is fantastic. You have come up with some great designs for these stamps, keep up the good work! Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. these classic cars are brilliant and very hadny

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!