Friday 31 August 2012

Happy Christmas

Hi Bloggers.

Today my shows are scheduled on Create & Craft at 11am with Nigel and 4pm with Andy. I hope you can join me.

This is one of my favourite cards that I've made for the shows and I'm hoping that it will be my first demo. Just to give you a heads up - the ribbon is on the show and I don't think it'll last very long. There are 3 new stamp sets from Sue's RubberNecker brand at Creative Expressions. I also have Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Embossing Powders and some fab embellishments on the show.

Anyway, here's the card -


I started with some Milk card for the background. I dusted it with my anti-static bag and then randomly stamped one of the swirls from the Creative Expressions Beaded Elements Stamp Set using Perfect Medium. I then added some Cosmic Shimmer Golden Green Sparkle Embossing Powder and heat set it. I popped the background through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Hedged Maze Embossing Folder. The Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powder doesn't crack. I edged the piece with Pine Needles Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Let it Snow Stamp Set using Olive Archival. I then covered the image with a piece of Self Adhesive Film. I cut it out using Spellbinders Large Labels. I removed the cover from the film and dipped the piece in some Cosmic Shimmer Aurora Crystal Sparkle Glitter (THE most fab glitter!). I cut a Fleur de Lys Rectangle out of green card.


I wrapped a couple of pieces of sheer iridescent ribbon around the background and also tied a bow with 3 lengths of it. I threaded an Idea-ology Bauble onto some Primary Baker's Twine and tied a bow.


I stamped the sentiment from the Let it Snow stamp set using Olive Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Ribbon Banners and inked through the die with Pine Needles.


I have asked if we can have some Cosmic Shimmer PVA in Holly Green but I am waiting to see if it arrives. In the meantime, I thought I would have a go at some dots with Cosmic Shimmer Emerald Green Twinkles - not quite the same but I think it looks ok. I also added some to the Christmas tree.

Hope you can join me today - emails always welcome as I always give away cards.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

26 comments:

  1. Hi Julia. Absolutely wonderful, yes that's my thoughts on this card. Now you have described how to do it I will have to give this idea a try, will have to adapt it a bit but it's a great creation.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia very lovely card fan colours
    Thanks Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, wow this card is really beautiful. Good luck with the shows. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, This is a gorgeous card. I'm loving the greens and the embossing powders look gorgeous. I'm not sure about the twinkle faux pearls around the outside, they don't seem to be domed, like the others do. I love the embellishment and the christmas tree stamp with the sparkle glitter over the die-cut is fabulous. I have set my recorder for your shows today and I will be watching aswell, can't wait. Looking forward to seeing you at Ally Pally, this will be my first time at that show, it's a long way for me to go, but have my ticket and train tickets organised, so can't wait. See you there. Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia,
    Good luck for your shows today, will be watching. I love the card the tree is super and the embossing powders look great too.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card will be recording the shows have a great time .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card. Will be watching today as Tilly has decided she wants a "lazy day" - great to be 5!! We will email in. Love the shows with Nigel he is hilarious! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card Julia i can see why you like it so much. Loving the new stamp plate from creative expressions very glamorous stamps. Will be recoding your shows to watch later xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia

    Beautiful card. I love that ribbon, I have some very similar in white and I really dont like to be too extravagant with it lol

    Holly green cosmic shimmer would be fantastic but I suppose you do use the dries clear and add green glitter

    Hope the shows go well, I will have to record them today as I have to go out

    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Julia, looking forward to seeing your shows

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, Love this card green colour is great, not too in your
    face tree stamp looks really good, will be recording your shows in
    case I have to go out don't want to miss you and Nigel it will be fun
    also don't want to miss all your tips.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colours Julia and looking forward to your shows today

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi julia wow love this card. I will be watching you shows and can't wait to see what wonderful creations you have come up with.Good luck with Nigel!! It should be fun love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this card. Good luck with the shows, I'm out all day so I'll not be able to see them.

    Carolyn B x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia what a lovely card I love the colour you have used. Ive set the sky box to record all your shows today looking forward to watching them as you always have good ideas.

    Debs artliff

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia
    Stunning xmas card, love the green colour and layout.
    Looking forward to your shows, hope they go well.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Julia, watched you demo this on C&C and it's gorgeous. Have ordered the stamps, couldn't resist them. Must get back to the other demo you are now doing. Enjoy your day at C&C. Love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this card, watched your show it was fab - your demo's are always so brilliant! I was so engrossed I forgot to email so will remember during the 4.00 o'clock show. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia, great show, fabulous samples and products and BEST of all I won one of your cards from the email draw...Oh so excited
    a designer card all to myself.

    Looking forward to this afternoons show
    thanks for all your ideas and inspiration

    lorraine - paisley Scotland

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia at long last I have found your blog,I just love your demos. on C.C. your cards are stunning and your step by ster is so easy to follow,
    Smiles
    Ita from Ireland

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, well i have had great fun watching your shows today. The cards were fab. Am still catching up with yours and Sue's blogs after being away it is fun seeing what you guys have been up to.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Evening Julia, this is a stunning card...loved your shows today, very inspiring demos, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm really disappointed I didn't manage to see you today - sounds as thought I've missed a treat. What a very dramatic Christmas card- really beautifull

    ReplyDelete
  24. hi Julie watched you show and picked up some good tips. Got som e mica powders about a year ago and had forgot what to do with them so your show was a good reminder for me so thanks a lot and keep up the good work x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I recorded your shows and I'm about to go watch them - looks like I'm in for a treat!

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!