Friday 10 August 2012

You've Got Real Style

Hi Bloggers.

A very girly card today. I used to love Thunderbirds when I was little and when I saw the Rolls Royce on the stamp set I thought I could pretend it was Lady Penelope's although the style is a bit different.


For the main background I placed the Grid Mask at a jaunty angle onto some hot pink card and spritzed the Black Night misting ink from the Cosmic Shimmer Winter Garden Misting Inks Set. You can use the ink on the mask to create another background if you wish or just wash it off the mask with water.

I placed some Coconut White Card inside the Creative Expressions Brick Embossing Folder and ran it through the Grand Calibur. I tore around the edges and inked all over with Black Soot Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Dream Cars Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured it in using Matt Drawing Inks. I used Mallow and Black Night from the Summer Fayre Set. I cut it out using the Out of the Box technique and Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Eight.

First I positioned the die over the image. I drew around the die with a pencil.


I then cut around the part of the image which was outside the pencil line plus a little further in. I slid the die underneath the part of the image that I'd cut around and lined the rest of the die up over the pencil line.


Here's what it looked like at the back -


Then I popped the imaged through the Grand Calibur to cut & emboss as usual.

I cut a larger Labels Twenty-Eight out of black card.


I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set again using the Jet Black Archival and embossed with the clear powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Ribbon Banners and inked through the die with Black Soot Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam


I threaded some Black & White Baker's Twine through an Idea-ology Shabby Accoutrement, added a Creative Expressions Tassel and tied a bow.


I assembled the card as shown adding some bling with a Creative Expressions Black Swirl and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Black Pearl around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

20 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, WOW pink ans girly, love it.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card I tried the out of the box technique on my hubby card it didn`t quite work out but with practise I`m sure i will get it right my hubby did like his birthday card today .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, brilliant card, thanks for the photo's showing the "out of the box" technique. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, Thank you, thank you, thank you, for showing us, brilliantly, how you did this, I was a little confused how you had been able to do that before, but now all becomes 'clear', thank you. Beautiful card Julia, I am loving how you are using the masks, they make the card 'pop', simply beautiful card. Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for explaining how to do the out of the box technique Julia, I missed that demo on your shows and have been wanting to give it a try. Great card :)

    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia,
    Very pretty car love the background. The out of the box teqnique is clever I have done it once but must use it more often.
    Have a great day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. morning Julia lovely card, this would make a lovely prom card. xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another lovely card Julia, I love the pink.
    Carolyn B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mornin Julia
    I have used this out of the box technique, but thank you for showing it clearly for those who haven't done it before.
    Im suprised your old enough to remember thunder birds!!! (lol) i also used to watch it with my brothers.
    I love this card as you've shown how the same stamps can be used for male or female cards. Love your personalised backing paper on this one.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi julia love this card very girlie!! But if you were to change the colours it would be very masculine thanks love lesleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the background Julia - the car reminds me a bit of the pink limos that are used up here for birthdays

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia, love this card and all the techniques you have used. You have described the out of the box technique so clearly which is much appreciated, thank you. Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card and have looked back on your last few post too and they are all fabulous. Thank you for showing the out of the box technique - I will give it a try! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh Lady Penelope - this is a great card Julia and thank you so much for the description you have given of the out of the box technique - it's really clear.

    Thanks again for this.

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia,
    Loveley card nice colours too.
    You haven't told us how Kathryn got on, hope she got her marks
    to get into the Uni. she wanted.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Results day is on Thursday 16th - I'll let everyone know how she gets on. Julia.

      Delete
  16. Love the card Julia, I was a Thunderbirds fan too, remember as a little girl I had a Lady P compact that concealed a little gun and a pretend lipstick that hid the bullets! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Like this 'one for the girls' don't see many pink jags' but this si a lovely fun card. Thanks for the pictorial, makes much more sense when you can see the steps along with the words.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!