Thursday 9 August 2012

You're Vintage

Hi Bloggers.

Thanks for your comments and emails yesterday - much appreciated. Here's quite a simple card from the shows yesterday.


I started with the background. I inked up one side of the Creative Expressions Brick Embossing Folder with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I placed a piece of Milk Card on the clean side of the folder, closed the folder and then used a brayer over the top to transfer the ink. I then added some Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder and heat set. Next I ran the background through the Grand Calibur with the Retro Squares Mask, I tore around the edges and then inked all over with Vintage Photo using Cut n Dry Foam. I splatted some Vintage Photo Distress Stain and dired with my heat tool. The splats seemed to settle behind the embossing powder even though they were added afterwards. Cool, eh?

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Vintage Cars Stamp Set using Coffee Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured it in using some Vintage Photo Distress Ink that I smeared on my craft sheet, added water to and used a paint brush.


I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using the coffee archival and embossed with clear powder. I cut it up into sections, edged it with a little Vintage Photo and added it to the background.


I added a Key Charm to the top left hand corner and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Choco Brown around the edges.


Thanks for stopping by.

Julia

20 comments:

  1. Stunning card ,Brillant I did send e-mail in in the morning show but didn`t get read out .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, fab card, have taped the shows, so will try catch up with them today. Like the background. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, love the sentiment and the card, have recorded yesterday's shows and hopefully will catch up with them later today.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia, loved the shows yesterday - and all the cards. I really like the distress stain splatter but have yet to try! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Julia, love the colours and the layout.
    Waterford

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, I adore this card, it is beautiful. I love how you have done the brick effect, I will have to try this technique. I love the vintage car and also the sentiment, I will have to get these stamps as I have a 60th Male Birthday later in the year and this card would be ideal. I love it. Thanks for sharing Julia. Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia,

    Love this card. Must invest in some stains as I like the splats.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is fantastic and I know a friend who would love this for his birthday this month, so I had better get a move on and get the stamps. Brilliant! Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Julia love the sentiment too xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Julia, loved yesterdays shows. You are one talented lady

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia enjoyed the shows yesterday
    I really like this card enjoyed what you did with the stains

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia,
    Great card. These stamps are perfect for those hard male cards.
    Only caught your first show yesterday enjoyed your demonstration.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi julia love this card I'm always looking for ideas for men and this is quite simple but effective.I hope you will be showing us a few examples as I missed your first show and only seen the second after the samples had been shown!! I especially want to see the pink one!!! Lol thanks love lesley

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia
    fab demo's y/day from you and great to see the techniques.
    Love this card and the sentiment. Might be simple to do but doesn't look it.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoyed yesterday's programmes Julia and loved the demos. Love this card, especially the background with the splats! The sentiment is so good as well.

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved the shows and I won a card! How lucky am I! Loved the pink card you showed and can't wait to try out of the box! Have a happy crafty day everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not seen the shows yet Julia but will be watching asap. Love this card. Also have a friend who will be 70 soon and this will be very appropriate for him. Thanks for sharing. Must pop along to your shop now and see what's left.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia, Another great card great colours and love the background,loved both shows yesterday great demo's too.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia. loved the evening show I saw yesterday, I not only love watching your demo's but I find you very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!