Saturday 25 August 2012

Simply Fabulous

Hi Bloggers.

There's quite a lot going on in this card. Once again, it's one that I'm not really sure about but it was shown on Sue's Pick of the Day so I'd thought I'd share it anyway.


For the background, I ran some Coconut White Card through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Radiant Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the pattern.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Gala Event Stamp Set using Plum Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured it in using Aged Mahogany Distress Ink and then cut it out leaving a small white border all around it.

I cut a Spellbinders Back to Basics Hexagon from black card. At the emboss stage I added the Small Polka Dots Mask. I cut some Venetian Accents borders and glued a couple of sections to each side of the hexagon.

I cut a Labels Twenty-Eight out of burgundy card. At the emboss stage I added the Trellis Mask.


I cut a branch out of black card using the Cherry Blossoms set. I cut lots of flowers out of white card and inked though the dies with Aged Mahogany.


I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set again using Plum Archival and embossed with clear powder. I cut it out using Back to Basics Tags and inked through the die with Aged Mahogany. I added a bow of Baker's Twine from the Vintage Set.


I cut a mask out of white card using the Venetian Accents die set. I inked through the die with Aged Mahogany.


I cut a couple of little motifs out of black card using the Venetian Motifs die set and popped a dot of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Black Pearl in the centre of each.


I finished the card of with some more dots of Black Pearl PVA around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

23 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, WOW what an amazing card. Lots going on but just convinces me I have to have Venetian dies for the mask alone. I have to work more on the Pva dots can't just get them right.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card just love these dies and stamps I have made quite a few of the cards but may need to get the cherry blossom die .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia what a stunning Card love the colours. I'm not a stamper but seeing what you can do i'm really going to have a go.

    Debs Artliff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia,
    Sorry not my cup of tea this one for me the mix of dies just doesn't see to go very well together. Love the stamping.
    Have a goo day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, I love your card today, but I think maybe there is too much going on, but I can't decide what I would leave off. I love the colourways you have used and I love how you have used parts of the border die-cuts around the hexagon, ingenious, Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great for an amateur dramatics fan, a prom or ball. Striking work. Jenx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia, I think this card is lovely, maybe a little busy, but the colours are brilliant. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only thing I would change on this lovely card Julia is the blossom branch, for me it doesn't fit in with the rest of the motifs.
    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Julia love the colours used and the use of different dies xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Julia, love the colours and I want that mask

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia what a lovely card love red and black thanks Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia, i love this card, althou for me the cherry blossom branch keeps distracting my eye from the rest of it so i would leave that off. The rest of it works well, and its a great choice of colours. Reminds me of going to a ball on a hot summer night!
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia

    I love this card but think the cherry blossom would be left out of I had made it.

    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia

    I love this card but think the cherry blossom would be left out of I had made it.

    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. love this card,shapes and colours are brill
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous Julia,You've outdone yourself today.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi julia I like the card but it is a bit too busy I think I would leave the branch out if I was doing it love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia, a gorgeous card and so many clever techniques used. Love the colours you chose. Love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. As your card says simply fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia
    Well what a lovely card it is fantastic.
    joyce.e

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this card Julia, but I don't think I would use the branch.

    Carolyn B x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia,
    A great card good colours too.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just love all the different elements but now sure about them all together or it coould just be the colours.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!