Monday 27 August 2012

Classic

Hi Bloggers.

Back to Vintage Cars today but still using Spellbinders dies.


This card uses the out of the box technique that Sue taught me some time ago and you can read how to do it in this post.

For the background I covered a piece of Milk card with some Idea-ology Journeyman Tissue Tape. I coloured some of the lettering using Scarlet Flame Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Ink from the Autumn Shades Set. When I demonstrated this on TV I added the Compass Mask at this stage and spritzed with Black Night Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Mister.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Vintage Cars Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured it in using Scarlet Flame from the Cosmic Shimmer Autumn Shades Matt Drawing Inks Set and Black Night from the Summer Fayre Set. I then cut it out using the Out of the Box Technique and the Spellbinders Back to Basics Hexagon die set. I inked through the die with Black Soot Distress Ink. I also cut out a black hexagon.


I cut a Back to Basics Tag and inked through the die with Black Soot. I cut a Fancy Tag out of black card, cut in in half and glued it at the back of either end of the basics tag. I popped a couple of Silver Faux Screw Brads through the holes. I added the word 'Classic' using the Idea-ology Ransom Alpha Parts.


I coloured a Watch Face Charm using a black Promarker (you could also use Pitch Black Alcohol Ink). I threaded some Black Baker's Twine through an Idea-ology Shabby Accoutrement. I added both of these to the top right-hand corner of the card.


I finished the card with some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Black Pearl.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

18 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, what a manly card, love it. Love the out of the box technique, will have to give it a try.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia,
    A great card for any man, love the layout. These stamps are great.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the background and out of the box technique a good boy card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely mans card ,great layout , must try this tecnique again as the first 1 i did was not quite right.Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, I love this card, the vintage cars are fantastic. I love your 'out of the box' technique and it goes really well with the car popping out of the die-cut. I am loving the journeyman tape you have used to make the background paper, it's gorgeous. Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, these car stamps are a must to have in my armoury just love them. Fabulous background and must give the 'out of the box' technique a try. A great card all round. Have a lovely BH Monday, love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia, yet another card full of inspiration and ideas, keep it coming. Love it. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, you really rock at the masculine cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia
    Another fab card, and i can see using these car stamp on wedding cards in diff colours. Love the layout and colours of this card.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Julia love the background and car would make a lovely fathers day card xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia,
    Another great man card you really are inspirational with these
    type of cards and give us some great ideas.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The out of the box technique really works well with the hexagons, must give this another try. Thank you. Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi julia love this card and I must give the out of the die technique a go cos it looks very effective!! The hexagon dies are the next ones I'm getting as I think they are very suitable for mens cards thanks love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia, thanks for all your ibspiration you share with us, you always manage to make these great cards for men which I struggle with.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there Julia - oh my word - this is one of those cards that just catches your eye and you think WOW!!! I love absolutely everything about this - the stamps are superb and the 'out of the box' technique is brilliant - another way of using these wonderful dies. This is such a fab card, I will have to try something like it next time I have a 'male' card to do.

    Hugs Sue P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia
    What a great man's card, I love what you have done with the background just colouring in some of the words.
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi julie thanks for doing the male card and for giving me the insperations, ihave 4 adult sons and to grown up grandson and i really get stuck at times, love the out the box idea it gives them a new look hugs stella x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!