Wednesday 22 August 2012

A Perfect Day

Hi Bloggers.

I hope you're enjoying the Spellbinders Pick of the Day with Sue. I love the new Decorative Elements dies - I have those on pre-order so should have them to play with soon and some in my Amazon Store.

Today's card started with the flower. I made it using Spellbinders Blossom Five just to see how it would work. Then, of course, I had to make a card so I could use it.


So, as I said the flower is made with Blossom Five - Sorry can't tell you the sizes I used as I don't have the card at the mo. I made it using some Creative Expressions Foundations paper called Floral Dream, same method as the flower on yesterdays card. The paper is double-sided and I used the other side for the backing paper popping it through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Radiant Embossing Folder. I cut some 'leaves' using the Venetian Motifs die set.


I stamped the sentiment which is from the Studio 490 Sentimental Art Stamp Set using Cobalt Archival. I cut it out using the Spellbinders Venetian Motifs die set and then cut another from plain white card. I really is best to use some greaseproof paper when cutting these dies as they are very delicate. I stacked the motifs on top of one another turning slightly.


I popped some Self-Adhesive Film onto some Coconut White Card and cut a mask out using the Venetian Accents die set. I ran it through the machine a couple of times to make sure it had cut through the self adhesive film. I did not emboss it. I peeled of the backing and dipped it into some Creative Expressions Glass Micro Beads. This is a great way of using the mask die. It also looks great with glitter.


I assembled the card as shown adding some Creative Expressions Self-Adhesive Pearl Swirls and I pierced around the edges with my Tim Holtz Ruler.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

20 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, like you I have been glued to TV watching Sue's shows, amazed by the dies on show and as usual want them all. Love your card especially the flower and swirls, oh just love it all.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia what a lovely card love the colour
    And that mask wow thanks jayne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Sue loving this card must have ado at this flower it looks great. looking forward to some of the dies I've got most of the potd but like you having to wait for the new fancy ones. xx

    Debs Artliff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi stunning card it a shame the dies which wasn`t in the original POTW wasn`t put as a bundle on the own like some of the bundle rant over .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, another beautiful card, I love the mask die, and the leaf/swirl. Thanks for yet more inspiration.Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia, Saw this card last night on Sue's show and thought how pretty it was. Whilst originally I wasn't sure about this blossom die you have shown how nice it can look, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, This is a truly gorgeous card, I saw Sue show it las t night and loved it then. It is absolutely beautiful. I love the colourway, I love the venetian accent mask, I love, love, love the blossom flower and the whole card is gorgeous. I watched the 9pm show last night and recorded the 11pm, but watched it this morning on repeat. I must say, I was so, so, so, disappointed at the POTD as I had already got the last POTW, so already had the majority of the bundle but I got a few m-bossibilities and the floral swirl die last night and this morning I decided to get the 2 labels new dies. I am going to be glued to the TV, both watching and recording (I had to go through my recordings, on the box that I record off Freeview, this morning and delete lots of old programmes off, so I would have room for all Sue's programmes today). I will have to schedule my housework around the TV ha ha. Sue is just showing your card from today again on TV at this moment, it's simply gorgeous. Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia,
    A lovely card just my cup of tea.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, your card is absolutely stunning. Love the colours and oh those Venetian dies again, superb! Unable to purchase the POTD as an unexpected bill got in the way, so so annoyed. Will be glued to the tv watching Sue. Have a lovely day and thank you for this fantastic demo card. Love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Julia, These dies are simply beautiful to work with and make stunning cards

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia,
    Just love this card saw it with Sue last night absolutely beautiful. managed to get the swirl and lattice dies yesterday
    before the show aired so glad can't wait for them to arrive.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved this card when I saw it last night - watched the recorded shows when I got in from work at 2 am! A number of your cards were shown and all looked grest. I love the venetian dies but will have to go on wish list! I have also seen a set called French frills on the Spellbinder site that are a definiye must for me. Enjoy thr Sue shows everyone and don't spend too much bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia
    Another lovely card, i love your blog as you do so many different types and styles of card, instead of the same style all the time. Im also a crafter that does different styles depending on my mood or who the card/project is for.
    Must try this flower out as its so effective, how about a few glossy accent dew drops on the flower?!
    Enjoy your day
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card really like the colours and sentiment on this. its stunning xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the soft colours - and the flower- very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi julia wow a stunning card love it!! I've recorded all of sues shows today,too many visitors!! Lol. didn't get the potd as I already had 4 of the sets but I got the venetian sets and both expandables so im well chuffed love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there Julia - this is a lovely card, such delicate colours. I particularly like the embossed background and the flower. I made a card, only last weekend, using the venetian dies and I put the creamy card over some black and wove the pointy bits - I love the effect.

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia, an absolutely beautiful card - I saw it on TV today.Luckily my day not to work so I could watch and craft, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia, this is such an elegant card, the venitian die just sing sophistication

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia
    this card is lovely and the mask die is a must have, need it in my stash.
    I really like the gentle colours you have used on this card.
    Ria

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!