Saturday 18 August 2012

Paper Piecing

Hi Bloggers.

Debbie Shaw really liked this card on the recent shows on Create & Craft so I thought I'd share it with you.


The papers are all from Polka Doodles Sundae of Seasons CD. I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Classic Cars Stamp Set using Coffee Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out with scissors and a craft knife. I also cut out the windows and placed acetate behind them. I coloured some sections in using Black Night from the Summer Fayre Set of Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks. I stamped and embossed the image again onto 2 patterned papers. I cut out sections of the patterned images and glued them in place on top of the plain image. I cut out a Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Eight and popped the image on top.


I stamped the small 'Hello Friend' ticket from the Creative Expressions Celebration Tickets Stamp Set using Coffee Archival and embossed it with clear powder. I stamped it 6 times on to 2 different papers I cut the ticket out, pierced a hole through all of them, fanned them out and added an Antique Copper Faux Screw Brad. I cut some 'leaves' out using the Spellbinders Venetian Motifs die set.


I assembled the card as shown and added some purple glass glintz.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

16 comments:

  1. This card is stunning I remember that comment, they swirl is becoming one of my fav dies ,its has featured a lot on my cards .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card Julia....I can just see me driving round in a car like that!
    Carolyn B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this card when it was on the show. It is just me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Julia really like how girly this looks love the colours and the tickets xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, a great card, love the colours on the car. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, OMG, no wonder Debbie loved this card, I loved it when I saw it, it seems like a patchwork car with lovely sherbet colours and I love polka dots and gingham is another favourite. I absolutely love the rosette made with the tickets, very ingenious Julia. A truly stunning card. Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia, a very girly card, so beautiful, just love it.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia, this is stunning and I love what you have done with the tickets...I am just going to have to 'pinch' this idea! Hope that's okay! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia
    I love paper pieceing as you dont need to colour the image in. Love the colours here and i wouldn't lose my car in the car park if it was this colour! Love the ticket flower idea.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a clever idea to make a car girly card. I have this CD so I must dig it out and have another look at it. Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really good fyn card. My grandson and I ply a game of 'Have you ever seen.........'. Now I can say 'I have seen a spotty car.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi julia wow you wouldnt lose this car!! Love what you have done with the ticket flower too love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now there's a car that every girl would like! Gorgeous card Julia. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia, Love this card saw it on C&C with you loved it then
    great car and colour is fantastic.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia,
    This is a great card, who says car cards are just for men. You have given this a real girly look and it works for me.
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia, wow what a great car just love those girly colours. I too love how you have used the tickets brilliant idea! Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!