Wednesday 29 August 2012

King of the Road

Hi Bloggers.

This is such a simple card but I really like it.


For the background, I placed the Retro Squares Mask over some Coconut White Card and inked with Barn Door Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam. I then used the Tyre Tracks Mask with Black Soot Distress Ink across the card in the areas shown.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Classic Cars Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured it in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks. I used Scarlet Flame from the Autumn Shades Set and Black Night from the Summer Fayre Set. I cut it out using the Out of the Box Technique (see this post) and Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Six. I inked through the die with Black Soot Distress Ink.


I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set again using Jet Black Archival and embossed with the clear powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Eight and inked through the die with Black Soot. I added an Idea-ology Hinge Clip.


I added a Creative Expressions Faux Screw Brad in Antique Silver to each corner. I finished the card off with some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Black Pearl around the edges.

I'll be sharing a sneak peak of one of the cards for Friday's shows tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

21 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, the sentiment had me singing "King of the Road" this morning, shows my ages, brought back memories. Great card love the colour theme.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Julia, really must try the out of the box technique, looking forward to Fridays show. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card , must try this out of box technique again as i don`t think i did it right ,Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, loving everyone of your car designs. Super colour combo, techniques and sentiment. Great card. Enjoy your day, love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, I love this card, I love what you do with the masks on your backgrounds, I will have to have a try doing this. I simply love the 'out of the box' cars, I haven't tried it yet, but I am going to because I love how it looks. Can't wait for tomorrow for the sneak peak. Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia,
    Great sleek card love the out of the box technique will have to try it myself.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, this sentiment also made the song king of the road come into my head, my dad listened to it all the time.
    A fab male card, love the primary colours, great background which adds interest.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this one Julia - it has brightened up a wet and dreary morning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant card Julia
    Carolyn B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia,
    Another great man card you should be Queen of the men's cards,
    just made a card for my son-in-law using some of your tips for background.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi julia love the card! If ever I need inspiration for a male card this is the first place I would look as you really have got male cards down To a tea!! Can you tell me if you've still got these stamps in your shop as I didn't get them when on c+c as I already had the vintage set? Love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lesley.
      I'm out of stock at the moment but if you want a set then I can add them to my next order if you don't mind waiting.
      Regards, Julia.

      Delete
    2. Hi julia yes please if you don't mind I would be very greatful.I would like the other set too if you could get that as well I can't think what they were called but I have the vintage set. Thank you for your help and inspiration love lesley xx

      Delete
    3. They're called Classic Cars and Dream Cars. Will let you know when I have them. Julia.

      Delete
    4. Thank you I really appreciate your help lesley x

      Delete
    5. Hi Lesley.
      Can you email me please at juliawattscrafts@gmail.com as I have your stamp sets? Regards, Julia

      Delete
  12. Great man's card Julia - I love all the inspiration you are giving us for cards such as this. I must say that the background is fantastic - I think the tyre tracks are a brilliant idea.

    Hugs to you - looking forward to Friday!

    Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant card! I love the masking and the tyre tracks look really cool xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Julie, you are the empress of the masculine card makers LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. A real gritty card, with rugged colours, the car looks as though it is driving out of the picture, the cut out of the die technique gives great dimention.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!