Tuesday 21 August 2012

Pretty in Purple

Hi Bloggers.

This card did not get much air time as it was tucked away on a display that the studio crew put together. It's a shame as it's one of my favourites from the shows.


I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Gala Event Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Seven and inked through the die with Dusty Concord Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam. I cut a Grand Decorative Oval out of purple card.

I cut a strip of slightly darker purple card and ran it though the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Ornate Diamonds Embossing Folder. I cut 2 borders out of white card using the Venetian Accents die set - it's best to use some greaseproof paper when cutting these out. I threaded some Mauve Rose American Seam Binding through the borders and attached them to the dark purple card.


I made a flower using Spellbinders Blossom Five. I missed the largest die and cut 3 of each of the next 2 sizes down. I spritzed them with water to break down the fibres of the card and scrunched each piece up. I opened them up and layered them on top on one another and then pierced a hole in the centre and added a purple brad. I then scruched them up again. I added some Dusty Concord to the edges of the petals and put aside to dry. Unfortunately, the scraps of white card I used were different whites - be careful of that. I don't mind too much. I cut some 'leaves' out of white and purple card using the Venetian Motifs die set. I inked through the die with Dusty Concord on the white ones.


I assembled the card as shown, adding a corner from the Venetian Motifs die set and pierced around the edges with my Tim Holtz Ruler.

Don't forget that Sue Wilson launches the Spellbinders Pick of the Day on Ideal World this evening at 9pm.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

20 comments:

  1. Morning Julia What a beautiful card It gorgeaus and the colour is my Fab. Got the sky box all set for tonight every show will be recorded. I'm not a stamper Julia but the more I see your cards that have been stamped the more I think I'm going to have ago. Can you tell me what ink do I need to emboss with xxx

    Debs Artliff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debs.

      If you're using coloured embossing powders then I would go for either Perfect Medium or Versamark (I prefer Perfect Medium as it seems to be stickier). You can emboss with Archival Inks and clear embossing powder but you need to get the powder on quick and success often depends on the quality of your card.

      Julia.

      Delete
  2. Hi Julia, a beautiful card, I love the flower, have not tried my blossom dies yet, but this is making me want to have a go. Love the purple and white as well. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, A truly gorgeous card, I love purple, it's my favourite colour of all time, so this is just up my street. I absolutely love the 'to die for' flower. A truly beautiful card. I can't wait to see what Sue is bringing tonight, I will be recording from my Freeview box, it's so exciting, but I'm still paying for the last multibuy I bought so I'm hoping I don't like these new dies (some hope of that eh !!!!!), my credit card will be groaning again, I just know it ha ha !! Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card in my faavourite color!! What's no to like babout this card? Venetian motifs are wonderful - on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, this is gorgeous and I know I've said it before but I love everything about it, colours, stamps, your design and ooooh that flower, looks like an old English rose to me, stunningly beautiful. Will be watching and recording the shows and don't think I will be able to sit on my hands lol! Have a lovely day, love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card. I love using the purple palette of colours on my cards. I'm looking forward to seeing what Sue jas in store for us tonight!

    Carolyn B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia,
    What a wonderful card one of my favourite colours and the flower is beautiful.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Julia I love the colours you have used. White card is such a pain and sometimes I cant use up my scraps unless I colour them cos the difference between some of them is incredible.

    Its great to see the grand nesties being used too, I have got the basic sets but not the fancy ones (bought the 1st POW last time and these were in the 2nd set!) but I am sure I could do the same with the scalloped die.

    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia,
    Love this card the colours and everything is just my style
    love this flower too use it a lot. looking forward to tonight.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia lovely card love the colours used and the flower is divine xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this one Julia! Colour gorgeous as is the stamp which I have. I am at work for POTD launch - just as well as payday not til FRI! However ..... Have a crafty day fellow bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi julia love this card its stunning I hope I manage to get hold of the venetian sets tonight as I really NEED them!! Lol thanks love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia
    This is stunning, love the colours and layout, and a super fabulous flower.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't blame you for having this as a favourite Julia, it's a beauty

    XX Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia - I think this is lovely. Colours are great (my faves) and the stamp is beautifully detailed. As for the flower - I like the different whites as well, garden flowers are different shades per flower!

    Hugs Sue P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Julie must have a go at this one ,its a shame the POTD is nearly the same as the last POTW so I wont be getting it,Its a shame as there are sue dies in the p.o.d which I need but wont buy for C&C as they are to dear singley can get them cheaper else where .

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Julia, this is a beautiful card, delicate, feminine, and lovely colour

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia/
    How very pretty and elegant this card is and you have used one of my favourite colours, purple.
    I really need to get my hands on these stamps as I love the dresses.
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this card, beautiful colours - tho my favourite colours are purple and mauve. The stamp is so elegant - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!