Sunday 19 August 2012

Flowers are Proof

Hi Bloggers.

Today I'm sharing one of the cards that I made for the Spellbinders Pick of the Week last month. Sue Wilson will be launching a new Spellbinders Pick of the Day on Tuesday evening and she has some of the dies we had on our shows added in to her shows. She also has lots of dies that we didn't have and I can tell you I really need most of them! So, if you don't want to spend any more money at the moment, I suggest that you sit on your hands during Sue's shows because I guarantee you will need lots of them too!

Anyway, here's the card. I did kind of demo it but I had to change a lot of it because of the sellouts.


For the background, I randomly stamped the butterfly image from the Studio 490 Botanical Art Stamp set all over some Coconut White Card using Cobalt Archival. I then popped it through the Grand Calibur with the Spellbinders Venetian M-Bossabilities Folder. I popped it through a second time to extend the pattern. I then inked all over with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the sentiment from the Studio 490 Sentimental Art stamp set using Cobalt Archival. I did not emboss it. I cut it out using Scalloped Labels One and inked through the die with Chipped Sapphire. I cut a Labels Twenty-Seven out of cobalt card. At the emboss stage I added the Grid Mask. I cut 2 circles out of Coconut White Card using the Asian Accents Die Set and inked through the die with Chipped Sapphire.


I cut a border out of Coconut White card using the Asian Accents die set. Using my scoreboard, I scored down every peak and every trough on the border (hope that makes sense). I then concertina folded the border and glued the two ends together using Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue. I cut a small circular motif out of one of the die sets (Sorry- can't remember which one and I haven't got the card to check) - you can use any small circle nestie or a circular punch. I popped a piece of super sticky tape in the centre and popped my border flower on top. I then added a good squeeze of Cosmic Shimmer Glue and put it aside to dry for a while. I cut 2 'leaves' out of cobalt card using the Venetian Motifs die set. When the glue on the flower was dry I added a coupe of foam pads and then a Studio 490 Embellish Your Art Flower to which I had added a little Chipped Sapphire ink. I tied some American Seam Binding around a couple of Idea-ology Memo Pins and added them sticking out of the flower.


I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

17 comments:

  1. Stunning card just love it, I just hope none of the previous pick of the week dies are in the new deals .melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, blue and white, one of my favourite colour combinations, and what a great card. Looking forward to Sue's shows on Tuesday snd as you say I will have to sit on my hands or hide my cards.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really beautiful card Julia
    Looking forward to Sues' show on Tuesday

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, OMG I love this card, I will have to have this mbossibility folder it's gorgeous, the butterfly stamp is gorgeous, I simply love how you have used the mask again on the labels die-cut. I would love to see this card in 'real life' as I think the photo doesn't do it justice. Beautiful card Julia. I saw a sneak peak, from Sue's Blog yesteday, of one of the new dies, it is another 'to die for' die. I know what you are saying about sitting on your hands, but even though I sit on my hands, somehow or other they seem to, 'magically and unknown to me', manage to order !!!!!! It is so unreal ha ha. Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely clean and fresh card! I am at work when the launch of POTD is on so I can't buy! Have already seen some new dies on the spellbinders site that I am after! Christmas is too far away to pretend to be having them as presents! I will see how good I can be!!??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a "blue" person but I'm sure this card looks softer in real life than the picture. I do like the various combinations you have put together though. Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia, this is a really stunning card. I love the folders and dies, will have to wait and see what is on on Tuesday. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Julia gorgeous colours used for this card, Love the folders and dies there are so many I would love but as they say you can't have everything

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Julia really like the flower and background stunning xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia
    I love most of this card, just not sure on the circles behind the main label topper, other than thati love it, great use of embossing, and a fab flower and swirl embellishment. I love the colours as im a big blue fan (no im not blue personally!!).
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia, I love this card with all the different shapes on it, and the colour. I think the ideology pins embellishments are great as well..Have a great day..:)..xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi julia love this card and am looking forward to seeing what dies sue has on tues!! Thanks love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia, what a beautiful card, I really love the colours and the way you have used the dies, wonderful! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia
    What a lovely crisp and fresh looking card, the different blues and white card work really well together.
    The butterfly stamp is a Must Have stamp.
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia, I am in awe of your use of stamps, embossing folders, inks, dies etc. etc. A beautiful card in every way. Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia,Love this card blue and white is so crisp butterfly stamp
    looks good as background too.
    nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia from a veryhot Norfolk, hope the weather is just as good where you are. Like how you have showcased lots of stamps and dies together in a beautiful card

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!