Tuesday 14 August 2012

Enjoy Your Day

Hi Bloggers.

Here's another demo card from the shows last week.


For the background I placed the Justrite Harlequin Script Background stamp onto my craft sheet face up. I rubbed some Picket Fence Distress Stain onto the stamp. I then placed some Coconut White Card on top and carefully rubbed all over to transfer the stain. I removed the card and then dried the background. I then inked all over with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Dream Cars Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured it in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks. I used Blue Cotton from the Soft Velvet Set and Black Night from the Summer Fayre Set.

I cut a piece of Coconut White card using Labels Twenty-Six. At the emboss stage I added the Creative Expressions Brick Embossing Folder. The sandwich you need for this is base plate, approx 15 sheets of copy paper, folder (open),die with card in it with cutting edge facing up (away from the folder), tan mat, pink embossing plate. DO NOT close the folder or you will damage it. I left the card in the die and inked around the edges with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.


I wrapped some Idea-ology Journeyman Tissue Tape around the bottom section of the background. I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using the Jet Black Archival and embossed with the clear powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Ribbon Banners. I inked through the die with Chipped Sapphire.


I added an Idea-ology Plaquette and assembled the card as shown. I popped some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Silver Lustre around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

17 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, another fab card, really like all the ideas, may get the stamps this month. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia this card would be great for my son he's so into mini at present. Lovely card xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia been loving all your card cards. What I like about them is that there for either male or female.
    Thank you for ordering me the ethel stamps
    Take Care

    Debs Artliff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, Another beautiful card, I am so in love with the harlequin script stamp you have used on the background, I will have to have it. I love how you have used the mask on the label die cut, simply beautiful and so effective. Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great card Julia

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card Julia because it gives me more ideas for masculine cards.
    Thanks Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia
    Another fab car card, great background again, this is ideal for my brother who's into mini's.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia,
    Another great car card my daughter has a pink mini, so it will be great for her.
    Love the background too.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia, great card, even on holiday I have to have my blog fix.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi julia another great card that can be for both men and women thanks! I'm going to have to get the harlequin stamp I didn't think I would but you have shown how useful it is!! Love lesleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia and fellow bloggers. Like this one! I received the card I won on Wednesday yesterday and the harlequin stamp is great "in real life"! I'm sooo lucky Julia thanks again it is amazing how much gets lost on TV or in a photo! Will be displaying it in my new craft room when I finally get organised! -Probably after school hols! See you all tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, if the Ethel & Murray stamps didn't rock everyone's boat these car ones certainly do Julia and what great designs you have shown us plus all your other techniques. Brilliant!
    Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perhps I am feeling little nostalgic about the mini,but when i looked at your catd today he seemed a lonely little car, (Probably just me\0

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia, fab card again, I have these stamps on my wish list! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card Julia! Love the Mini stamp!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!