Wednesday 8 August 2012

A Real Classic

Hi Bloggers.

As I expected, yesterday's card didn't go down too well. I still like the card myself. Today's card is one I have prepped for a demo in the 7pm show. Incidentally, I have also prepped a demo using the out of the box technique featured in Monday's post for the same show.


I started with the background and a piece of Milk Card. I love these types of backgrounds as they're quick and easy, fun and inexpensive (once you have the stamps, of course!). I used the Justrite Harlequin Script Background stamp (I didn't put it on a block) and inked a bit of it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and then randomly stamped repeating until I was happy. Next I inked up the Bubblewrap stamp in the same way using Pumice Stone Distress Ink and stamped filling in some of the gaps. The I added some splats of Vintage Photo Distress Stain. I distressed the edges of the piece using my scissors and then inked all around with Pumice Stone using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the Harlequin background onto a separate piece of Milk Card using Vintage Photo. I dried it with my heat tool and then cut it out using Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Six. I inked through the die with Vintage Photo.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Dream Cars Stamp Set using Coffee Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured it in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks. I used Marigold from the Autumn Shades Set and Black Night from the Summer Fayre Set.


I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set again using the Coffee Archival and embossed with clear powder. I distressed the edges of the panel with my scissors and edged with Pumice Stone.


I tied a Key Charm and a Tassel to some Black & White Baker's Twine and added it to the card using Cosmic Shimmer Glue (I didn't notice the tassel had gathered at the top of the key for the photo).


I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Silver Lustre around the edges.

Hope you can join me today at 11am with Debbie and 7pm with Martyn.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

22 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, the colours today are more my style, great card.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card may have to record shows .melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, a fab card. love those stamps. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia another great card for a man love the colours.

    Debs Artliff

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't be too down about yesterday's comments.
    Masculine cards are difficult to do and I liked it even though I didn't leave a comment.
    Love the background of the card you did today. I like the busy worn look a lot.
    I like doing the into and out of the box technique. Looking forward to your shows today.
    I might even send an email LOL.
    Waterford

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, A stunning card today, I love how you have made the background paper, it's beautiful. The colours match beautifully too. Don't be sad about the comments yesterday, the card itself was beautiful, it was the colours for me, that I didn't like together. I will be recording your shows today, looking forward to it. Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia,
    Love the background you have done for this card and the way you have put it together.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning,
    Well this is more my style, i love the colours.
    Tfs
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. another fab mens card Julia the backgrounds are fab and really give some great texture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Julia really like the backgroud xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  11. A good man's card but thing is I am just drawn to all things girlie!! Have a good day at C&C will try to watch Tilly permitting! Will send an email in if I get a chance can't wait to see the out of the box technique!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia. Your card is lovely but I preferred the card you did yesterday. At the end of the day as long as you had fun making that one yesterday and YOU liked it then that's what matters. Keep up the great work. Hugs sharon xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia
    A note on y/day if you are happy with the card then thats all that matters, we've all done cards we're proud off that it seems no one else likes!!!!
    I love this one, a real vintage feel, great colours and layout. Look forward to seeing you today on C+C.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card and I've already ordered my stamps beore the show!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi julia really like this card it has a real vintage feel to it which I love and the colours go well togethe.as for yesterdays card we all have likes and dislikes so don't let it stop you doing another green and yellow card!! Love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Like this card very much Julia. The colours are great and the backgrounds are fab. As everyone has said don't be put off making another green and yellow card as long as you are happy with yesterday's card that's all that matters. Hope the shows go well and you have fun! Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another great card Julia..I love the background.
    Carolyn B x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice one Julia, You always seem to get your Cosmic Shimmer dots an even size, something I need to practice.

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi Julia,
    A great card like these colours have recorded your show so will
    be watching soon.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi Julia, super card today...really enjoyed this morning's show, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, just settling down in time to see you on T.V. whilst I do this. Looking forward (as always) for some inspiring demo's). I really need to think more about masculin cards as I think I have gone down the road of all the lovely frilly and lacey spellbinders.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Brilliant card and brilliant show this morning. Am recording the one on now. I love the background you have made for this card Julia - I've just been playing with some of Ali's masks and chalk inks - I love the effect they have given me. I think your layout is also realy effective.

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!