Monday 13 August 2012

The Road to a Friend's House

Hi Bloggers.

Here's one of those cards where I've used the sentiment as the focal point and the image on the background.


Starting with the background, on some Milk Card, I randomly stamped one of the images from the Creative Expressions Classic Cars Stamp Set using Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I then popped the Grid Mask on top and ran it through the Grand Calibur with the embossing sandwich. I distressed the edges with my scissors and then inked all around them with Vintage Photo Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam. I wrapped some Idea-ology Journeyman Tissue Tape around the background as shown.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Coffee Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Eight and inked through the die with Vintage Photo. I cut another Labels Twenty-Eight the next size up and again inked through the die.


I stamped a couple of the small tickets from the Creative Expressions Celebration Tickets Stamp Set using Coffee Archival and embossed with Clear Powder. I coloured then in using the Umber and Dark Spice Matt Drawing Inks from the Autumn Shades Set and cut them out. I glued them to the background using Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue and then added a couple of staples that I had dyed with some Latte Alcohol Ink.


I threaded some Black & White Baker's Twine through 2 Idea-ology Shabby Accoutrements.


I tied some Baker's Twine through a Creative Expressions Watch Face Charm
and again used Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue to secure it.


I assembled the card as shown adding some faux stitching around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

16 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, great card, so busy with all the embellishments, love it.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, I love the vintage feel to this card, the sentiment is so beautiful. I love the use of the mask, gives a really subtle effect, I also love the use of the tissue tape. I must get some of the clock faces too, they are gorgeous. A truly beautiful card Julia. Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jualia, this is a really fabulous card, Thank you for so much inspiration. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia lovely card really like the sentiment and background on this card xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you have turned everything on its head and used the sentiment as the focal point here Julia. Must remember to do that more often. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia. Another great card. I'm learning so many new techniques and ideas from you. Thanks very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia - sadly its back to rain here in Cornwall so a day of crafting for me!! So its not all bad.
    Another super card today, great use of the stamps and colour. Love the layout and little extras you've added too.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very nice "just because" card and so adaptable, thank you. Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi julia another lovely card that if you wanted to could be for a girl just by changing the colours and adding a flower!! Thanks love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Afternoon Julia, I love this card, the sentiment is really emotive and the background is superb! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a corker of a card never thought of doing this .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is brilliant Julia - I love the background and the buttons. This sentiment is sooo nice, I would use this one loads!

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like all the different aspects of this card, but all together I find it a bit busy

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous idea! Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia

    This is a great card, I really love what you have done with the cars in the background.

    I love the grungy look to the card but it is also a very interesting card.

    Ria

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!