Sunday 12 August 2012

Vroom

Hi Bloggers.

Today I'm sharing one of the demo cards from Wednesday's shows.


I made my own background using some of the stamps and masks on the show. I started with a piece of Milk Card. I popped the Retro Circles Mask on top and spritzed some Jade Teal from the Nature's Gift Cosmic Shimmer Misting Inks Set and then I spritzed some Moss Green from the Winter Garden Set. I removed the mask and washed it and dried the background. I then used the Bubblewrap stamp (not on the block, just in my hand) with Forest Moss Distress Ink and stamped randomly over the background. I repeated this process with the Newsprint stamp and Black Soot Distress Ink.

Next I stamped the Justrite Chevron Striped Background on a separate piece of Milk Card using Jet Black Archival. I cut out an arch using the Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Eight. I distressed the edges with my scissors and then inked them with Black Soot using Cut n Dry Foam. I placed some Idea-ology Journeyman Tissue Tape on my craft sheet and then rubbed some Peeled Paint Distress Stain over it, dried it and added it to my Chevron Arch/Tunnel.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Classic Cars Stamp Set using the Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured it in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks. I used Jade Teal from the Garden Twist Set and Black Night from the Summer Fayre Set.


I cut a ribbon banner out of Milk Card using Spellbinders Ribbon Banners Large and inked around the edges while still in the die with Black Soot. I then added the word 'Vroom' using Idea-ology Ransom Alpha Parts.

I coloured some Creative Expressions Antique Silver Faux Screw Brads with a Black Promarker (you could also use Alcohol Ink) and added them to the corners of my background.


I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Black Pearl around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia

18 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, great card love the banner.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, I love this card, the background you have done is fantastic, I love it. I also love the chevron stamp, will have to be putting that, the newsprint and the bubble wrap on my wish list (this wish list grows by the day ha ha). Fantastic card Julia. This is the last half day on my linedancing weekend in St Annes, it has been fantastic, but I am really looking forward to being in my own bed tonight ha ha. Have a lovely day. Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, another great card and I just love your backgrounds, you are so clever with these, a lot of work but so well worth it! Fantastic card and love the colour combo!
    Christine H x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia,
    Great card like the way you have done the background and the colours are just right.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, loved this card when you demo'd on C&C..it's such a perfect man's card and I really do like the background! Happy Sunday! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Julia those letters really stand out a great mans card xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Julia
    love the backgrounds you are producing with the mask they really add depth and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic watched you demo this .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia, fabulous card, have not caught up on the shows yet, hope that I can today. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia
    Another fab card, with great background techniques.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia - I really enjoyed this demo on your show the other day. Loved the way you did the background - it's another brilliant card for a man.

    Hugs Sue P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sue, Fab background and good card for men..have a great day..xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi julia love this card and I'm glad you are showing some of the cards from your shows as I missed the first one and the start of the last one so thanks love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia, watched you do this on C&C love the way you do the backgrounds
    very effective.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. These cards are good "boy" cards unless done in pink of course! Enjoying the background techniques. Love Alison

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really enjoyed watching you make your backround papers, yours seem to have some method and design, even though it looked so relaxed with a bit of this and a bit of that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia
      I love this card and the background is amazing. I ordered the bubblewrap and the newsprint stamp along with the brick and bark embossing folders as these will help with my male cards.

      I normally struggle a bit with male cards but steam punk, boats and now these backgrounds will make this so much easier.

      I enjoyed your shows and watching your techniques for inspiration.

      Ria

      Delete

Only positive comments please!