Thursday 30 August 2012

Deck the Halls

Hi Bloggers.

Today I'm sharing one of the sample cards that I've made for the shows on Create & Craft tomorrow. As you can see it's a Christmas theme. The times have changed to 11am and 4pm.


For the background, I stamped some of the small baubles from the Creative Expressions Christmas Bauble Stamp Set randomly using Black Soot Distress Ink. I dried it with my heat tool and then popped it through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Constellations Embossing Folder. I popped it though a second time to extend the pattern. I then inked all over with Back Soot using Cut n Dry Foam.

I ran a piece of red card through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Hedged Maze Embossing Folder. I stamped the large bauble from the same stamp set using Vermillion Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Fleur de Lys Squares and inked through the die with Black Soot Distress Ink. I threaded an Idea-ology Bauble on to some Primary Baker's Twine and tied a bow. I glued it to the top of the stamped bauble using Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue.


I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Let it Snow Stamp Set again using Vermillion Archival and embossed with clear powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Ribbon Banners and inked through the die with Black Soot.


I pressed 2 Creative Expressions Victorian Metal Corners into Perfect Medium and then sprinkled some Cosmic Shimmer Christmas Red Sparkle Embossing Powder over the top. I shook off the excess and heat set. These corners start off as a beautiful antique gold but you can change them to suit your project using embossing powders, mica powders and alcohol inks - paint and dabbers would work too.


I finished the card off with some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Berry Red.

I'll be back with another sneak peak tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

23 comments:

  1. This is one stunning card I would love to receive this and for it to sit on the mantle piece.Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, wonderful card, so Christmassy. Colour combination lovely, the red really stands out. Look forward to your shows.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the format of the card but for me the background is too dark with the black soot, perhaps I would have just done the edges. Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, Another beautiful card, at first glance I though the images in the background were of 'sputniks' ha ha, my eyes must have gone to the baubles on their sides, I know I need my glasses changing ha ha. I love the combination of colours, you have the same colour scheme as Sue today, great minds eh !! I'm really looking forward to your shows tomorrow, Julia. Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, a beautiful card, with very different colour combo for Christmas. Loving that bauble stamp and those metal corners. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, lovely card, beautiful stamp too..looking forward to your shows tomorrow! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card I like the traditional colours. Looking forward to your shows tomorrow.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Julia - love the card - the fleur de lis squares have a gtra edge and the corners look very effective. I thinkn it could work in a few colour combos so good for batch making.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia

    Love this card and looking forward to the shows

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card can't wait for your shows tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning,
    What an amazing card, loving the colours.
    Looking forward to the shows.
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, gorgeous colours, looking forward to your next shows

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia lovely card really like the design and colours on this card xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning Julia
    A lovely xmas card, i love the red and black its very 'chic'! Great stamps so i must watch the shows tomorrow.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving the red and black, so dramatic and so Christmassy! perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi julia love everything about the card apart fromm the background its a bit dark and like patricia at first I thought they were little spaceships!!! Lol looking forward to your shows love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Christmas is comming and once the schools get back time will fly. like all the elements on this card and I imagine it would look just as good in a variety of colours. Best wishes for your show tomorrow hope to catch them

    ReplyDelete
  18. An excellent card Julia, really like this one

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is amazing Julia - I really love the design and the colours. These baubles look as if they will have to find their way to my collection!! And as for those corners - they look so different with the embossing powder on them. Gorgeous.

    Hugs Sue P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card Julia. I especially like what you've done with the corners. Must try and get some of those and mustn't forget to set my recorder tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, Love this card, bauble stamp looks great think I must get
    this one roll on tommorow to see what else you have to show us
    know it will fantastic.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely cards I will be watching your demo's ,thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  23. A beautiful Christmas card Julia and love the black and red. The bauble stamp is lovely and think I might just have to get this one. Looking forward to the shows. Love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!