Thursday 2 August 2012

Up, Up and Away!

Hi Bloggers.

I'm continuing the simple theme today with 3 cards made from the Spellbinders Up, Up and Away die set. There is quite a variety of dies in this set but, like Country Charm, it is not a favourite of mine. All the cards are very simply constructed which is useful if you need a quick card.

Here's the first one -


Balloon has been cut from Kraftcore and sanded. Basket is from a patterned paper and has been inked through the die with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Baker's Twine is from the Earthtones Set. Sentiment is from the Creative Expressions Time Flies Stamp Set - I've cut it out with Labels Twenty-Eight and inked through the die with Faded Jeans Distress Ink. I popped an Idea-ology Hinge Clip on top. The background is Couture Creations Ornate Diamonds - I thought it looked like clouds this way up. I inked all over with Faded Jeans.

Here's the second card -


Background is Couture Creations Seedling Nouveau and has been inked all over with Dried Marigold Distress Ink. The Baker's Twine is from the Pastel Set. The sentiment is from the Creative Expressions Dandelion Wishes Stamp Set and has been stamped using Coffee Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Labels Twenty-Eight. The balloons are cut from DCWV Nana's Nursery. I edged the card with some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Golden Pearl.

Here's the last one -


The main part of the kite has been cut from Kraftcore and sanded. The bows and the backing paper are from Prima. The Baker's Twine is from the Vintage Set. The flower border is from Studio 490 - It's More Flower Art and has been stamped using Dusty Concord Distress Ink. The sentiment is from Studio 490 - Sentimental Art and has been stamped using Plum Archival, cut out using Fancy Framed Tags One and inked through the die with Dusty Concord.

Hope you find some inspiration from these if you have purchased these dies.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

18 comments:

  1. Really lovely Julia, all of them.
    I love the simple elegance of them all. Simple lines is often harder than cards full of elements and I think all of today's cards are wonderful.
    2nd one is my favorite though.
    Hope ypu have a good day today.
    Waterford

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia. What a bonus, three cardS in one day. Simple but effective, these dies could be very useful, food for thought.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, I did think about buying these dies, but opted for others instead, but these cards are changing my mind. I love the kite card. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cards these dies may have to go on a wish list .melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't think I would have much use for these dies but seeing your samples and the ones you showed on C and C I'm warming to them. Be very useful when you just want a thinking of you type card if you know what I mean!! best wishes Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, These dies are not for me, but I love what you have done with them. The balloons and the kite are my favourites and I love how you have used them, they look lovely. Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I would get much use out of these dies although I do like the cards you've made.

    The Ornate Diamonds embossing folder does make a good cloud background

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia, Three great cards from quite plain dies would be great
    for kids or men cards.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia,
    Very pretty cards all of them, I would not thought of buying these dies but I'm changing my mind after seeing your cards.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the new dies coming out, But my credit card hates all of them

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi julia I did look at this die set and thought it would be useful for men and kids cards but I decided to get the neutrals card in instead! After seeing these samples I wish I had got this set!!! Lol thanks love lesleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. These cards are all beautiful Julia - can I have a favourite though?? If so, it's the one with the kite over the flowers. I love the sentiment on it. The dies are excellent - although I didn't think I would use them at the time. Then again ...............

    Hugs Sue P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia, great cards and think I too will be adding the dies to my wish list. Love all of them but if I had to choose the kite one has the edge. Simple cards but very effective. TFS. Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely cards Julia i have a few ideas for when i get these dies now in addition to my own thank you xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hiya Julia

    I think i could get alot of mileage from this dies actually, i missed seeing these dies so will have to track them down now as ive already got ideas.
    I love the simple cards you've made with these, the Kite one is my fav.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia. These cards may be simple but they are effective and would suit pretty much anyone I think. There are other dies I would like before buying these but I'm sure they could be quite useful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are all gorgeous! I love the simplicity of them and I think this set of dies would be a really useful one to have xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are lovely cards, If I had to choose one I'd choose the last one. For me I think I'd be quite limited with the balloon.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!