Tuesday 28 August 2012

Indulge Yourself

Hi Bloggers.

Another card today with the same Vintage Car that I used in yesterday's post.


I started with the background. I scrunched up a piece of Coconut White Card and rubbed Broken China Distress Ink over the top. I spritzed it with water, waited a few minutes for the ink to move a bit and then flattened it with my Encaustic Iron. I then dried it a bit with my heat tool. Using the Bubble Wrap Stamp in my hand I randomly stamped it with Pumice Stone Distress Ink. I then added some large tickets from the Celebration Tickets Stamp Set which I stamped with Chipped Sapphire.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Vintage Cars Stamp Set using Chipped Sapphire. I cut it out using Spellbinders Scalloped Labels One and inked through the die with Broken China.


I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set again using Chipped Sapphire and cut it out using Fancy Framed Tags Two. I inked through the die again with Broken China.


I wrapped some black Baker's Twine around the background and added a Creative Expressions Tassel (they always seem to misbehave in photos!).


I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Silver Lustre around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia

16 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, the vintage car stamp is so nice. I like this card very much and this gives me ideas for the future.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card wished I had got these stamps but they may come back Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, great card, also wish I had these stamps, but will get them eventually. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia, super card, love the way you created the background card..I do like these stamps a lot, they are on my wish list! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, This is a beautiful card today, I love the vintage car stamps, I need to buy these. I love the backing paper and how you have made it, I too love the bubble wrap stamp, I use it a lot. Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julis,
    Great card the background is so right for the car stamps. These I need.
    Have a great day.
    Lydia
    X













    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Julia, love the colours and the car stamp is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great "boy" card though I do prefer doing more grlie stuff myself! Maybe a pink vintage car????

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia another lovely card really do like these stamps and loving the background on this card too xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, great card in mono. Love the background and colours. I do love this car.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia,
    Great card just love your backgrounds so easy to do you just don't
    think about about it thanks for the inspiration.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi julia lovely card again and I'm really glad I got this stamp set as its been so versatile thanks for all your ideas love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another great card Julia

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic card again Julia. Love the background and the vintage car stamps which are on my wish list. Have a good day, love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting background technique - where do you get your ideas!! Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another brilliant card, really like the background

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!