Monday 20 August 2012

Be a Designer of Dreams

Hi Bloggers.

I love the way this card turned out. It's hard to tell in the photo but all the ferns are different colours. I embossed them with Cosmic Shimmer Aurora Embossing Powders. They have a black base but as you move the card they turn a different colour. The left one is Lava Red, the middle one is Arctic Black and the right one is Lapis Black.


So, I started with the fern image which is from the Creative Expressions Dandelion Wishes Stamp Set. I stamped it using Perfect Medium and added one of the Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powders. I did this 3 times, using a different powder for each one. I cut them out using Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Eight and inked with Black Soot Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.


For the background, I randomly stamped the flower spray image from the Studio 490 Botanical Art stamp set using Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink. Then I randomly stamped the German script from the same stamp set using Black Soot. I did not mount the stamp on to a block but used it straight from my hand. I edged the background with Black Soot using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Cobalt Archival. I did not emboss it. I cut it out using Spellbinders Fancy Framed Tags One inking through the die with Black Soot.


I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Black Pearl around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

24 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, This is a truly beautiful card, it's gorgeous. I love the different coloured embossing powders you have used on the fern stamp, they show up beautifully in the photo, but I would love to see the difference in 'real life' I bet they are really striking. I adore the script you have used in the background with the grasses. Such a simple card, but so very effective. Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, a simple style that is so effective. The different coloured embossing powders give it that wow factor and your background is stunning. I think you should be crowned queen of background designs! Beautiful card. Love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Julia, what a beautiful card, I love the way you have stamped and embossed with the 3 different colours. Wish I had this stamp set...one day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, I couldn't stop looking at this card, it really is beautiful and I really have to try these embossing powders! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card loved it when it was shown on C&C .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Hels, saw it shown and c&c and liked it instantly xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia , really love this card, it is right up my street, so to speak. Simply stunning

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sorry Julia, popped off half way through and thought i was on Hels blog when i came back. gorgeous card Julia love it xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card - love the ferns.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia,
    beautiful card the different imbossing colours show up quite good
    but you know it must be shimmery love these powders and the background
    great, one of your speciallities I think as you do them so well.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabby card Julia, I love this 490 stamp set and have used it rather a lot of late. I've also just got the Dandelion Wishes set which is really beautiful. I can't wait to get going with it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia, stunning card, just perfect for this time of year and the run up to Christmas. Really like the different cours and embossing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia, this is a gorgeous card....:)..xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia, this card is stunning, love everything about it, i have these embossing powders which are fab.

    Can i ask a question please. I put creative expression stamps onto umount and cut them out, but i nearly always end up with a line around the edge when i stamp, i cut them at an outward angle. Is it because im not cutting close enough to the stamp image or what?

    Many thanks Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma.

      Yes, if you find you get lines around the edges, cut a little closer. I find this more of a problem with sentiments. Also, try not to press down so hard with your ink pad - lots of light tapping.

      Hope that helps.

      Julia.

      Delete
    2. Hi Julia
      Thanks alot, definately think im not cutting close enough then, and will also try the light tapping.
      Thank you so much
      Emma

      Delete
  15. This is fabulous Julia what a super card you’ve made I love all the details on the main image what fab stamping
    Great work
    Well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi julia love this card I especially like the background as I tend to make my own too as not too good at matching papers together!! Lol thanks love lesleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very elegant Julia, simple but stylish

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty card Julia love it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving this Julia. I have been lusting after these embossing powders as they are so lush. Great background too. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is lovely Julia - love the way you have stamped the background paper. The embossing powders are so pretty and make such a difference to one simple stamp. Really gorgeous colours as well.

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia,
    I remember saying wow when I saw this card on C&C as the different coloured embossing powders really stood out. You have taken a very simple stamp and made it quite stunning.
    Ria

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!