Today I'm sharing one of the cards that I made for the Spellbinders Pick of the Week last month. Sue Wilson will be launching a new Spellbinders Pick of the Day on Tuesday evening and she has some of the dies we had on our shows added in to her shows. She also has lots of dies that we didn't have and I can tell you I really need most of them! So, if you don't want to spend any more money at the moment, I suggest that you sit on your hands during Sue's shows because I guarantee you will need lots of them too!
Anyway, here's the card. I did kind of demo it but I had to change a lot of it because of the sellouts.
For the background, I randomly stamped the butterfly image from the Studio 490 Botanical Art Stamp set all over some Coconut White Card using Cobalt Archival. I then popped it through the Grand Calibur with the Spellbinders Venetian M-Bossabilities Folder. I popped it through a second time to extend the pattern. I then inked all over with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.
I stamped the sentiment from the Studio 490 Sentimental Art stamp set using Cobalt Archival. I did not emboss it. I cut it out using Scalloped Labels One and inked through the die with Chipped Sapphire. I cut a Labels Twenty-Seven out of cobalt card. At the emboss stage I added the Grid Mask. I cut 2 circles out of Coconut White Card using the Asian Accents Die Set and inked through the die with Chipped Sapphire.
I cut a border out of Coconut White card using the Asian Accents die set. Using my scoreboard, I scored down every peak and every trough on the border (hope that makes sense). I then concertina folded the border and glued the two ends together using Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue. I cut a small circular motif out of one of the die sets (Sorry- can't remember which one and I haven't got the card to check) - you can use any small circle nestie or a circular punch. I popped a piece of super sticky tape in the centre and popped my border flower on top. I then added a good squeeze of Cosmic Shimmer Glue and put it aside to dry for a while. I cut 2 'leaves' out of cobalt card using the Venetian Motifs die set. When the glue on the flower was dry I added a coupe of foam pads and then a Studio 490 Embellish Your Art Flower to which I had added a little Chipped Sapphire ink. I tied some American Seam Binding around a couple of Idea-ology Memo Pins and added them sticking out of the flower.
I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White around the edges.
Thanks for stopping by.