Saturday 1 December 2012

If Friends were Handbags

Hi Bloggers.

Thanks for all the comments yesterday and emails to the studio - much appreciated as always.

Here's one of the demo cards from yesterday -

For the background, I ran some Coconut White card through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Pastorale Embossing Folder. I used a piece of card which was wider than the folder to create a larger background. I inked around the edges with Fountain Blue Paris Trunk Dye Ink using Cut n Dry Foam. I wrapped a piece of Sky Blue American Seam Binding around the background as shown.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Handbags Galore Stamp Set (designed by Sam Poole) using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured the main section in using the Fountain Blue ink and the handle was coloured with Silver Lustre from the Cosmic Shimmer Mica Spray Set 1 (Metallics). I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels 25 and inked through the die with Fountain Blue.

I spritzed some Coconut White Card with Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mister in Egyptian Blue. I then cut out the second largest of the Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles dies and inked through the die with Fountain Blue.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with clear powder. I cut it out using labels 25 and inked through the die with Fountain Blue.

I tied a bow using 3 lengths of the American Seam Binding and added a Teal Dazzler. I assembled the card as shown adding some Pearl Swirls, some 5mm White Pearls and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White around the edges. I did not have the right coloured blue card so I spritzed a couple of pieces of white card with the Egyptian Blue Vintage Mister to create the mats.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.


20 comments:

  1. Morning Julia First to comment i watch you yesterday and brought the shoe and hanbags stamps can not wait for them to come so i can try to make my cards to thankyou for the design,s you do Tracy W x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning julia another beautiful card i watched the show's yesterday and the cards you made were great i sent for all the stamp sets. I really like this card it looks so fresh. Keep up the good work.

    Debs Artliff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, I wasn't going to buy anything else before Christmas but I just had to buy the new stamp sets...I don't usually do 'girly' but they are so gorgeous....great demos as usual and I particularly love this card....just had to buy this colout ink as well!!...Christine Nardone....x

    ReplyDelete
  4. See morning Julia,

    Very pretty card . Good to see you on tv. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia,
    Very pretty card love the colours used today.
    Good to see you on C&C.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia, shows were great, have recorded them, so can watch again. Lovely card. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia

    Saw you demo ing this card and thought it lovely then but its so nice to see it close up.

    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed the shows so much Julia and this is such a pretty card

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, thank you for your demo's y/day. Lovely card again, these stamps are useful for several occassions. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Julia loving the stamps from the shows xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, love the subtle colours used and the purse stamp is absolutely beautiful, and the sentiment is lovely.
    Loved the shows yesterday.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning Julia, Great shows yesterday,Pretty card and loving the stamps.
    Hugs June xxx






    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi julia what a lovely card this is and the colour is so fresh and pretty, I managed to see both your shows yesterday,I didn't get anything as I already have one stamp set from each multibuy!! Oh well I will just have to get them elsewhere lol love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely card, I watched you do it again on the c&c repeat this morning. Love watching your demos Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Julia,

    Another fun card, love the color of the handbag... very sweet. good job, sorry I missed you on tv, they just don't get create and craft here in Colorado...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card,with beautiful colours. Really enjoy your demos and look forward to checking your blog every day. Love Helen

    ReplyDelete
  17. great card love the colours.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia....very pretty card...love the colours...must get some of these inks...

    Happy crafting
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally love this card & the colours are fabulous. All your demos on your shower were fantastic but I thought this one was definitely the nicest. Found what you did with the mica powders was brill. I have some of these but never knew what to do with them. Keep inspiring us Julia.

    Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia

    I have never tried the Mica powders ,[ must put them on my wish list ] I love the handbag theme

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!