Sunday 2 December 2012

To My Bosom Buddy

Hi Bloggers.

Bit of a saucy card for a Sunday morning!

For the background, I ran a piece of Coconut card through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Lovingly Baroque Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the pattern and then inked around the edges with the Garnet Paris Trunk Dye Ink Pad using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Frilly Things Stamp Set (designed by Sam Poole) using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured in some of the areas with just the Garnet Ink and in the others I added a little Pearlescent Mica Powder to the ink. I cut the image out with scissors and then went around the edges with a black marker pen to hide any white bits. I put some 6mm Hi-Tack Tape on the back along the bottom edge. I then ruffled some Black American Seam Binding along it.

I cut the largest of the Spellbinders Labels 25 out of Black Card and then cut the next size down out of white card. At the emboss stage I added the Polka Dots Mask to the white one. I inked around the edges with the Garnet ink.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Clear Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Fancy Framed Tags Two and inked through the die with Garnet. I added a couple of 5mm Black Pearls.

I made a flower using the Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms die set and cut some leaves out of black card using the same die set.

I assembled the card as shown adding some 5mm and 8mm Pearls to the corners and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Vintage Pink around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.




20 comments:

  1. Julia,
    This card made me smile especially your sentiment. You have a wonderful sense of humor. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julia
    Great card just think who i can send this design to i love the colours you have used thankyou Tracy w xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, beautiful card, love the saucy look.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia,

    Love the words and background . X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning julia stunning card love the colours youbhave used plus i really like the stamp set you have used.

    Debs A

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia,
    This is a chuckle card, one to send to a really good friend.
    Lovely.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card watched you demo how to do the ribbon frill - very ingenious. Live your ideas and inspiration Julia

    Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, A lovely card, beautifully coloured, loving the frill at the bottom of the corset.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia

    Lovely card today, I did see a bit of the demo of you doing this one and saw the way you did the ribbon, very clever and effective

    Had to giggle though cos when I first saw the pic thought the bodice had two arms - its the black card used on the labels 25 lol

    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia, ...and I thought exactly the same!! perhaps the matts need to be a bit bigger so that the bodice doesn't overlap...though if it gives the recipient a giggle......Regards Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, i also laughed as on first seeing the photo i thought the back label was part of the image and it looked totally weird. Anyway a laugh is always good! Love the rest of it and fab colours. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Julia, A stunning card, made me smile, love the rich colours.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card Julia I've got these stamps and have made some stunning cards with them. They look great with the fusible fibres. xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia, fabulous card, love the image and the sentiment. Yet more stamps to go on my wish list. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi julia love tbis card I've done something similar with a corset from the vintage set,doing the ruffle of ribbon at the bottom is really effective and easier to do than you think!! Love the way you used mica with the ink to change the colour must give that a go. Love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia

    This card made me smile , it has my my Sister in laws name written all over it ,she would love it , and i just love the sentiment . Well done

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia, a great card but as some have said the labels 25 look
    too small it would be better with a larger one I thought it was
    arms at first too. Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia
    Not too sure about this card when I first looked at the card I could see 2 body builder arms.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia,
    A great card for a girl friend with a good sense of humour and one I'm sure they would love to receive.
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Joan B.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very burlesque! Love the colours - not sure about the two "arms". Perhaps a bigger squarish die as a background? X

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!