Tuesday 11 December 2012

Thanks

Hi Bloggers.

An appropriate title for today's post as I'd like to thank you again for all your emails to the studio yesterday and the comments here.

This is one of the demo cards from yesterday -

The background for the tree image and the sentiment is really fun to do so I'll start with that. I used a square piece of Coconut White Card. I put my hand in a polythene bag and scrunched up the end with my fingers. I then dipped this in Meadow Adirondack Dye ink and stamped onto my card. I repeated this and continued stamping randomly on my card. I cleaned the bag and then repeated the process with Rust Adirondack and then with Butterscotch Adirondack. I dried the background with my heat tool, dusted it with an anti static bag and then stamped the Tree from the Creative Expressions Falling Leaves Stamp Set using Perfect Medium. I added Cosmic Shimmer Lapis Aurora Embossing Powder and heat set. The powder leaves a 'bloom' - it's just mica. So, when the powder is set rub over the image with a dry wet wipe to remove it. I distressed the edges with my heat tool and then went round with Butterscotch using Cut n Dry Foam. I matted on to black card.

I used exactly the same method for the sentiment but I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels 24. I removed the sentiment from the die and then inked around the edges with Butterscotch. I made a faux nestie by drawing around the Labels 24 die onto black card and cutting it out by hand.

For the main background, I randomly stamped the Ivy branch using Butterscotch and the small Leaf using Meadow. I made sure the ink was dry and then ran it through the Grand Calibur with the A4 Autumn Leaves Mask. I inked all over with Butterscotch using Cut n Dry Foam and then just inked around the edges with Rust.

I tied a small-ish bow using the Green/Ivory Striped Grosgrain Ribbon. I wanted to blend the mats in with the rest of the card so I inked the edges with the Meadow, Butterscotch and Rust Inks.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Black Pearl around the edges.

The bagged background would look great in lots of colour combos.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.


20 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, loved your shows yesterday and this card is amazing, what a lot of work, but end result is gorgeous.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply Lovely Julia!

    Loved the shows
    Happy Crafting
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really enjoyed the show that i saw yesterday, missed the morning one as i was working.Will be trying the background today, used it with mica but not just inks.
    Thanks for your hard work
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Julia love the stamped tree and the back ground colours really set this off xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, I love this card. The background as usual is beautiful. I was all set to watch your morning show but we had a power cut so sadly i could only watch the later show which was great.

    Really lovely stamps. I like the idea of not having to colour in.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia,
    A lovely vibrant card, love the background, again, the focal image is great, will have to try this.
    Have a great day.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia, loved the demo of this one, card is fabulous, loved the shows all together, thanks for yet more inspiration. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia,
    Love the way you did the background on this card, must give this a go.
    Also love the tree and leaf stamps so versatile.
    Glad you got through your demos yesterday.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card as always x x watched both recorded shows last night in bed and loved them both x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, Just watched you do this demo am watching the next one just now with the butterflies you have just done the deboss
    side instead of emboss but it still looks great love this colour
    embossing powder must check if I have these as I have so many, by the way todays card is great love the way you done the background
    must try it. Nancyd xx








    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia

    Love this technique, didnt catch all the shows but I did see this being done, very clever

    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia, fab shows y/day thank you. lovely colourful card today, great background and stamping. Emma

    ReplyDelete

  13. Morning Julia,

    What fab shows yesterday. So impressed with the background technique. X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Julia, Great shows yesterday,thank you for your inspiration. A beautiful card, the background is stunning, what an amazing technique, and the stamps are great.
    Have a great day everyone.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia, WOW, when I saw you demo this yesterday I was in awe, I absolutely adore the colour combo, but the technique with the plastic bag was ingenious, what a fantastic outcome. I also loved using stamping and embossing powders, saves all that colouring in ha ha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi julia what a great card and a brilliant background,I will def be giving this a go it looks so effective yet simple to do!! Watched both shows yesterday and they were great and I have to say there was some excellent samples on the show,look forward to seeing them described on here love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia great shows yesterday ,you did so well the cards were beautiful as is this one .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card julia i like the idea with the bag i think that i could do this as im not a stamper but im trying i like the colours that you have used. I enjoyed the shows that you did i recorded them so i can keep watching as i try to copy your ideas.

    Take Care Julia

    Debs A

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia,
    A fab card today. Great colours. I watched the show yesterday and saw you demo it and I loved it then too! Brilliant technique with the plastic bag and it looked so easy. I missed the morning show yesterday and I'm hoping that I might see a repeat but they're only repeating the afternoon show, so far anyway. But I'll keep watching out for you.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Joan B.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!