Tuesday 25 December 2012

Kick up Your Heels

Hi Bloggers.

Happy Christmas to you all - I hope you're having a lovely day. I'm off to my Mom & Dad's house today for a couple of days so relying on Blogger to schedule posts for me.

I have a few more cards from the shoes/handbags/corsets/perfume show I did at the end of November. This one is a very simple one - the embossing folder does most of the work.

So, the background is a piece of Coconut White Card popped inside the Couture Creations Timeless Embossing Folder and run through the Grand Calibur. I inked around the edges with Poppy Paris Trunk Dye Ink using Cut n Dry Foam. I wrapped a piece of Blue White American Seam Binding around the centre.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions If the Shoe Fits .... Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Floral Ovals and inked through the die with Poppy ink.

I stamped the shoe from the same stamp set using Jet Black Archival, embossed with clear powder and coloured it in using Poppy and Yellow Damasque Dye Inks. I cut it out with scissors and then went around the edges with a black marker pen to hide any white bits.

I stamped the hat from the Creative Expressions Handbags Galore Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with clear powder. Again, I coloured in using Poppy and Yellow Damasque ink, cut out and went around edges with black pen.

I assembled the card as shown adding a bow made from 2 lengths of Blue White American Seam Binding and a Light Brown Dazzler, some 5mm White Pearls and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White around the edges.

If you're looking to buy the stamp sets, I don't have any in my Amazon Store but Sam Poole has them here.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

11 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Julia i love this one thankyou for all your cards Tracy wxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia.

    Thankyou for this and all the lovely creations that you bring to us every day. Such hard work but very much appreciated.

    Have a wonderful Christmas.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Julia,
    Merry Christmas to you and your family.
    Thank you for all the lovely posts, the shows you have done this year, for giving us your inspiration and all the hard work you put in, it has really been a good year for myself, I have learnt alot, enjoyed alot, and hoping next year to improve alot.
    Have a Wonderful day today.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia,
    Here hoping you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and look forward to more inspiration from you in 2013.

    Merry Christmas to all of your followers.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas Julia lovely card and sentiment xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia
    Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas and a great 2013. A lovely card that any girl would be happy to receive.
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Julia,
    Wishing you and your family a Merry and Peaceful Christmas.
    A lovely girlie card, love the shoe and sentiment.
    Thank you for your inspiration in 2012, looking forward to more of the same in 2013.
    Happy Christmas fello bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi julia Merry christmas too you and your family hope its a good one!! Thank you for all the inspiration this year its very much appreciated,my cards have improved so much thanks to you sue and sam and I have had so many wonderful comments from friends and family and its all thanks to you 3 I look forward to what 2013 brings. Love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Julia,love the background and the colours.Thanks for all your fab card and a very happy Christmas to you.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia.
    I love that embossing folder.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Joan B.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia, Hope you had a nice quiet day you deserve it for all
    the work you put in all year looking forward to next year to see
    all the things you come up with. Love the card today by the way.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!