Monday 3 December 2012

Pamper Yourself

Hi Bloggers.

A cool technique today with the Couture Creations Bradshaw Embossing Folder.

For the background, I spritzed a piece of Coconut White Card with Tarnished Gold Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mister. I dried it with my heat tool. I used one of the corner stamps from the Creative Expressions You Look Scent 'sational' Stamp Set to stamp in each corner using the Yellow Damasque Paris Trunk Dye Ink Pad. I made sure the ink was dry and then popped it through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Intrinsic Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the pattern - it doesn't line up exactly but you can't really see the join. I edged the whole piece with Yellow Damasque using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the perfume bottle using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Floral Ovals. Now, here's the cool bit - the image is still in the die and I haven't embossed it at this stage. You can line the Floral Oval die up with the oval design on the embossing folder, tape it in place and run it through the Grand Calibur (remember to leave the folder open so that the die does not cut into it). You get a really nice embossed design at the top and at the bottom of your die cut. I inked through the die with Yellow Damasque.

I coloured the image in with the Yellow Damasque ink and Enchanted Gold Mica Powder from the Cosmic Shimmer Garden Flora Mica Spray Set.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Clear Powder. I cut it out using Labels 25 and inked through the die with Yellow Damasque.

I tied a bow using 2 lengths of Blue White American Seam Binding and added a Light Brown Dazzler.


I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

20 comments:

  1. Morning Julia whatca pretty card it really lovely. Liking the colours you have used i watched you do this as a demo. Ink you have usrd is really fresh looking think i will have to invest in some og these inks. Take Care.

    Debs A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, very girly card love the embossing.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, a very pretty card, love the idea of the embossing top and bottom of the image. will give it a try. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, A lovely card today, I loved watching you demo this one on C&C, lovely colours and gorgeous background, love the embossing on the oval die-cut.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia wonderful card xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia,
    Watched this demo its very pretty and girly lovely colours too.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia,

    Very fresh girlie card. Am liking it. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia

    Love your card today.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia,a very pretty card great colour really fresh
    I like it. Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, lovely card and diff technique today, i haven't tried putting dies in an embossing folder yet as knowing me i'd forget to leave it open and end up cutting the folder! Love the fresh colour of this one. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning Julia, a very pretty card, love the embossing thanks for the tip.
    Have a great day everyone.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia
    A very pretty card today , so subtle well done

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julia,
    This is a very cute card today I really like the bottle. You sense of color is always fresh. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi julia this is a lovely fresh looking card that is very girly,I love how you embossed the top and bottom of the label.I might just have to get this embossing folder!! Lol love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia. Another amazing card, you never fail to please x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing this pretty card - love the colours. X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia....very pretty card today..love the colour choice and the embossing.....

    Happy crafting
    Chrissie..x x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia,
    A beautiful card and very clever use of embossing.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Joan B.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!