Friday 30 November 2012

If the Shoe Fits

Hi Bloggers.

This is probably going to be my first demo today.

For the background, I spritzed a piece of Milk Card with Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mister in Marigold. I dried it with my heat tool and then popped the Floral Vines Mask on top. I inked through the mask using the Paris Trunk Dye Ink Pad in Sepia using Cut n Dry Foam. I then randomly stamped over the top with the circular shoes stamp from the Creative Expressions If the Shoe Fits.... Stamp Set (another one of Sam Poole's designs).

I stamped the shoe from the same stamp set using jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured the inside of the shoe and the heel using the Sepia ink and a paint brush (I swiped some ink onto a tile and added a little water to it from a paint brush). For the main design on the shoe, I dipped a damp paint brush into the Dark Bronze Mica Powder from the Cosmic Shimmer Mica Spray Set 1 - Metallics. I put the Mica Powder on to a tile and a little water until the desired consistency was reached. I cut the shoe out with scissors and then went around the edges with a marker pen to hide any white bits. I cut the largest of the Spellbinders Splendid Circles out of Milk Card and inked through the die with Sepia.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Clear Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels 25 and inked through the die with Sepia.

I assembled the card as shown adding some Black Swirls and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Dark Bronze around the edges.

Hope you can join me on Create & Craft today at 1pm and 7pm.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

26 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, a fab card with my kind of shoe, love the colours. Hope the shows go well. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, I love the colours on this card and the way you have coloured the shoe is amazing...looking forward to the demo! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card and want the shoes to go with my Christmas outfit!

    Good Luck with the shows today can't wait to see your work

    Happy Crafting
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, WOW oh WOW, I love this card, the colours are gorgeous and the harlequin shoe is absolutely divine. Truly gorgeous.
    Can't wait to see you demo this one. Have a good time at C&C.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Julia,
    Love the colours in todays card, the shoe and sentiment would fit my older sister to a tee.
    Looking forward to watching you later.
    Have a great day, hope Nigel and Leonie are going to give you plenty of time.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card, have a good day - will watch or record you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia,

    This card is gorgeous , absolutely love it. Look forward to your shows. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia,
    Great card love the colours and the design.
    Looking forward to seeing your shows.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia. Looking forward to this being demo'd today. Beatiful background as always.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning julia another beautiful card and i love the colour that youve used. Love the shoes stamp. Looking forward to seeing your demos on c&c.

    Debs Artliff

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Julis loving the splendid circles dies xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia, I love this girly card..Will be watching and set to record your shows today..:)..have a great time...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, a fabulous card love the way you coloured the
    shoe it looks great have set record for all the shows so will be watching later
    you'll be great as usual you know how to keep Nigel and Loen in
    order. Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Julia, WOW this card is gorgeous, the stamp and sentiment are fab and love how you have coloured the shoe, the Metallics set of Mica is my favourite, thanks for the inspiration to use it more. Will be watching the shows, enjoy and keep the presenters in order.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia
    Wow this card would be just right for my sis in law ,along with the sentiment i just love it

    Will see you on the first show ,but im recording the later one as im going away for the weekend, so will catch up with your blog on Sunday night .

    Have a nice weekend

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia, Good luck for todays shows, hope they go well. Beautiful card today and thats some shoe! Love the colours. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia, What a lovely card and with this and yesterday's post it looks like we are in for a treat on your show so I hope it all goes well. I do like this sentiment!! Regards, Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi julia wow what a great card love everything about it!! Will be watching your shows and hope they go ok,at least they should be fun with Nigel and Loen I do like watching both of them!! Love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. great girly stamps and great card.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really like this card Julia. Have set my recorder for the shows today. Hope they go well

    ReplyDelete
  21. Like this card Julia but would not dare to send it to my daughter she spends a fortune on clothes as it is!
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  22. Julia,

    I love this card, how cute it this? I have been in Colorado and the connections are not good, so I'm missing your daily inspirations. sniff.... glad to see it today

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card Julia - I like the shoe stamps. Had you on the telly today but busy putting my decs up so didn't actually see much.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia very late for me today I have just finished a 12 hour shift....A gorgeous card today..love the colour choice. and those shoe stamps look fab...forgot to set recorder so hope they will show some repeats....

    Happy crafting
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia enjoyed watching show on c&c fab card xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia,
    This is a fab card! And delighted to see one of your fab backgrounds used here again. I saw you this demo it and I loved it.
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Joan B.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!