Friday 14 December 2012

A Dream Is a Wish

Hi Bloggers.

I don't think that this sample card got shown at all which is a shame as it's one of my favourites.

For the background, I dusted a piece of Milk Card with my Anti-Static Bag. I had my Grand Calibur base plate with the tan mat on it ready and placed the card, dusted side up, onto it. I inked over a large section of the Autumn Leaves Mask with Perfect Medium. I placed this, ink side down, on top of the card and then put the pink embossing plate on top and ran it through the Grand Calibur. The Perfect Medium Ink transferred to the debossed pattern on the card. I sprinkled some Copper Bronze Lustre Embossing Powder from the Cosmic Shimmer Metallics & Darks Set over the ink and heat set. I brushed away the excess mica with a dry wet-wipe. I then inked all over with Butterscotch Adirondack Dye Ink using Cut n Dry Foam and then around the edges with Rust Adirondack.

I dusted a piece of Milk Card with my Anti-Static Bag. I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Dandelion Wishes Stamp Set using Perfect Medium and embossed with the Copper Bronze Lustre Powder. I brushed away the excess Powder with my dry we-wipe. I cut the image out using a Spellbinders Fancy Postage Edge die and inked through the die with Rust Adirondack.

I cut the largest die from the Fancy Postage Edge from Tan card. At the emboss stage I added the Leaves Border Mask. I inked through the die with Rust Adirondack.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set - again using Perfect Medium, embossed with the Copper Bronze Lustre and wiped away the excess mica. I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels 24 and inked through the die with Rust.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Olympic Gold around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.





19 comments:

  1. Not tried inking the mask but it is on my to do list,does look very good,I like this one a lot
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia

    I love the background it looks stunning

    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning julia love how you have made the background. It makes a pretty card.

    Debs A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, WOW, I love this card, love the colours you have used, absolutely adore your background (you are the Queen of Backgrounds) and the embossing is divine, the die-cuts you have used really complement this card. Absolutely beautiful.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. your backgrounds are fab,great card .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia, really love this card, the colours are beautiful. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia. This card is wonderful. Your backgrounds are brilliant.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi julia wow that background is brilliant!! I'm definitely going to be trying that,I've never been brave enough before!! Lol. Love the rest of the card too love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Julia very autumnal feel to it xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia,
    Beautiful card the background is stunning super colours, love it all.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete

  11. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful background. Card is inspiring. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia, love the background and mix of colours, i think this would be ideal as a male card. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia

    Hey i just love this card it looks so clean cut and fresh ,just perfect for a man.

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Julia, A beautiful card, the background is stunning, agree with Patricia, you are the queen of backgrounds. Love the autumn colours, so warm.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these autumn shades - quite suitable for all genders too. X

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous card, lovely yummy rich tones x

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the colours of this card Julia. Has given me inspiration to go and find my masks out and play with my grand calibur!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia, a great card love the background must try this after I get my xmas cards finished. Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia,
    A lovely card again today. Wonderful colours and one of your wonderful backgrounds - that you are fast becoming fanmous for! I recieved one of your paper packs so thank you very much.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Joan B.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!