Sunday 23 December 2012

Dream

Hi Bloggers.

A very pink card today.

I first cut the apertures out of Foundations Diamond Line Paper. I placed the backer die from the Spellbinders Triumphant Blossom Cut, Fold & Tuck Die Set where I wanted it and secured it with Removable Tape. I also placed the border backer die from the Spellbinders Octagon Strips & Accents Cut, Fold & Tuck die set where I wanted it on one side of the Triumphant Blossom die. I cut and embossed and then removed the dies. I placed the Octagon backer die on the other side of the Triumphant Blossom. I placed the paper on the Cutting Plate so that the first 2 cuts were hanging over the edge so that I did not lose the embossed detail around the apertures. I made sure they were still hanging over the edge when I embossed the 2nd Octagon border.

I cut a piece of Foundations Shades Paper that was 1/4" larger than the patterned paper. I placed the patterned paper on top and replaced the Triumphant Blossom backer die and the Octagon backer die back in place in the patterned paper. I used these to line up the Triumphant Blossom CFT die and the Octagon Border die. I secured them in place and removed the patterned paper and the backer dies. I cut & embossed the CFT dies. I removed the dies from the paper and then replaced the patterned paper so that I could line up the Octagon CFT die in the other border aperture. I made sure that the Pink Paper was hanging of the edge of the plates as before so that I did not lose the embossed detail of the already cut areas.

I folded and tucked. I glued the patterned paper in place and added lots of White Pearls.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Fanciful Phrases Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using the little tag die from the Octagon Strips & Accents die set. I folded and tucked and added a pearl.

I assembled the card as shown adding a Pearl Swirl and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia


19 comments:

  1. WOW this is my sort of card,Very pretty
    Merry christmas everyone
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

  2. Morning Julia,

    Very pretty card in pink. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, This has always been one of my favourite colour combinations. I love this card, I love how you have used the cut-fold-tuck dies in this way, and that little tag is divine. Your instructions, as always, Julia, are superb, thank you.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia, this is and awesome and pretty card, love your use of the dies. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Julia,
    A lovely pink girlie card, love all the pearls, the CFT die is lovely as the centre piece.
    Have a great day.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card again Julia

    Merry Christmas to you

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia
    What a lovely card which will lend itself to other colour ways too. Really useful card to have ready for any occasion.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia. I'm really getting to like these fold and tuck cards. they make such elegant caards.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia,
    Very pretty girly card, love it.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card and dies Julia like the colour of this too xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card Julia, these dies are on my wish list! Happy Christmas Julia and fellow crafty bloggers! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi julia what a lovely girly card this is and I really like the shade of pink you have used on the cft,I'm not too sure about the backing paper tho but that's just me!! Love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That die is very effective Julia, I think it's the most complicated cut and fold they've made.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hello julia,if it is pink i love it. it looks realy nice. love bluebell-flowerwood.

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice card,great colours.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Julia, A pretty in pink girlie card, the CFT are so effective and love the sentiment tag. Thank for such detailed instructions.
    Have a great day everyone.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love Love Love it well done . have a lovely Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia, a great card as Sue said Love Love Love it even Sue is
    commenting on all your lovely cards. Hope you and all your family
    have a very Merry Christmas and al the best for 2013.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia.
    A beautiful girlie card today.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Joan B.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!