Friday 28 December 2012

Every Flower is a Soul

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I ran a piece of Coconut White Card through the Grand Calibur with the Spellbinders Paisley M-Bossabilities Folder. I inked around the edges with Aqua Adirondack Dye Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Garden Sayings Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Floral Ovals and inked through the die with Aqua ink. I cut a Spellbinders Labels 25 out of Blue Card. At the emboss stage I added the Delicate Mask. I inked through the die with Aqua Ink. I cut a Persian Motif out of White Card and inked through the die with Aqua Ink. I cut it in half and popped it behind the Labels 25 die cut.

I cut a border out of Blue Card using the Persian Accents Die Set.

I cut 6 circles out of 2 shades of Blue Card using Spellbinders Splendid Circles and used them to make a scrunched up flower. I cut a corner from the Persian Accents die set and popped that underneath the flower.

I assembled the card as shown adding some Pearl Swirls and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pealescent PVA in Summer Blue.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.


22 comments:

  1. Morning julia
    what a beautiful card the blue and white looks stunning together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia Love everything about this card. Beautiful
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great combination of dies, Julia, and blue/white colour scheme is so fresh and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia....Lovely card..Love the dies you have used...Love the sentiment.

    Happy crafting
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julia,
    I love the color combination. What a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia. this is a beautiful card. Love the colour. You make the flower sound so easy."just scrunch up six circles!" Looks amazing.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, A beautiful card, loving the colours and the flower is gorgeous.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete

  8. Morning Julia,

    Pretty card. So much going on and to look at. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia,
    Stunning card, love your use of dies and colour is very fresh looking.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im hoping I can now post & follow your blog easier now I have a new tablet. stunning card Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, stunning card today love the blue and white
    So clean and fresh. Nancy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty card and colours today Julia

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia lovely card like the colours too xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia
    What a beautiful card just perfect and love the colours so crisp, fresh and clean.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi julia this is a really lovely card and I like everything about it. I must do more of them flowers as they look so good but are pretty easy to do!! Love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia.
    Great card. Love the way you've made the flower. Will have to give that a try.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Joan B.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia, Love the card, beautiful colours. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Julia, Love the card, the colours are so clean and frech, the flower is gorgeous, must have a try at that.
    Have a great day eveyone.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. a lovely card Julia ,and nice colours used.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card a colours Julie.

    Rgd June xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, this is a lovely card..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia. Everyone one of the cards you've shown is a winner. I only started following your blog during the summer so a lot of the cards are new to me. I love your style especially your stunning backgrounds. Looking forward to a new year filled with more delights.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!