Sunday 16 December 2012

Heart Tree

Hi Bloggers.

This is one the cards I made for the Pick of the Day last month and it got a brief showing on the shows last Monday.

For the background, I spritzed some Milk Card with Cosmic Shimmer Tarnished Gold Vintage Mister. I dried it with my heat tool and then inked through the Acorn Leaves Mask with Oregano Adirondack Dye Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I cut a Spellbinders Marvelous Square out of Black Card. I stamped the tree from the Creative Expressions Trees of Imagination Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using the backing die from the Spellbinders Triumphant Blossom Cut, Fold & Tuck die set and inked through the die with Oregano.

I tied a bow using 3 lengths of Black American Seam Binding. I threaded a key from the Assorted Key Charms Pack onto 2 lengths of Black Baker's Twine from the Primary Set and tied another bow.

I assembled the card as shown adding some 8mm Black Pearls in 3 of the corners and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Black Pearl around the edges.

Sue Wilson is on Create & Craft today 12noon for 2 hours and 5pm. She's sure to have some fab demos to show.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.



15 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, another lovely card, keep them coming, as the inspiration is just wonderful. Bx

    ReplyDelete

  2. Morning Julia,
    Love the card. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia

    Another gorgeous card.. I adore your backgrounds.

    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia. The queen of backgrounds is at it again. Beautiful card.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia,
    Loving your cards with these stamps. Super background again.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, It has taken me 30 minutes to actually type this comment, my cat Lloyd decided to 'pad' my tummy in between my laptop, he settled down after he had pushed the laptop down my legs with his bum, so I have been tickling and stroking him with one hand and holding onto the laptop for dear life with the other ha ha, thankfully he has now retired to in front of the fire, so I will continue ......
    I absolutely love this card, the colours are fantastic, the embossing is divine and the background, as always, is superb.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and stamp Julia would be nice in red for valentines day xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Julia, Loving your cards with these stamps. the background is stunning, thank you for the inspiration.
    Have a great day everyone.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi julia another lovely card which could be used for a man,this stamp set is prooving tio ve very versatile and is def on my want list!! Love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Afternoon Julia what a great card ive got these stamps but never used them but now ive seen this card i will have to get them out and use them. Take care julia.

    Debs Artliff

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia...beautiful card..the background is gorgeous.. and i love these stamps.

    Happy crafting
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia
    Another lovely card i think this little tree looks beautiful , i think my wish list is getting longer and longer

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is a lovely tree stamp love the card

    ReplyDelete
  15. Confession time - I have this acorn mask and I've never used it - must make a new year's resolution to use what I have accumilated, and with brilliant inspiration like your fab card, it shouldn't be too difficult to keep. X

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!