Wednesday 5 December 2012

Purse-onally

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I randomly stamped one of the swirl stamps from the Creative Expressions Handbags Galore Stamp Set using Lavender Organza Paris Trunk Dye Ink Pad. I made sure the ink was dry and then popped it through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Lovingly Baroque Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the pattern and then inked around the edges with Lavender Organza using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the image from the same stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured it in using Pink Ultra and Violet Frost Mica Powders from the Garden Flora Cosmic Shimmer Mica Spray Set. I cut it out using the 2 largest dies in the Spellbinders Exquisite Circles die set and inked through with Lavender Organza. I cut a Picot Edge Circle out of Lavender Card.

I cut 2 Scalloped Labels One out of white card and at the emboss stage I added the Couture Creations Intrinsic Embossing Folder. I inked through the die with Lavender Organza - I inked all over, not just around the edges.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with clear powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Fancy Framed Tags One and inked through the die with Lavender Organza. I added a couple of 5mm White Pearls.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White around the edges and a few more white pearls in the top right-hand corner.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.



19 comments:

  1. Hello Julia, yet another gorgeous example of you work. Lovely girly card, and like the sentiment. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, A lovely card, beautiful colours, brilliant sentiment, I love it.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia , Lovely girly card , love the embossed background and cool 'glitzy' bag ,
    Love from Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Julia love the central piece and the sentiment. xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia.
    Pretty card. Love the sentiment. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia,
    Beautiful card loving the new inks you are using.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia - lovely card and a change from all the festive ones around just now - really like that picot edge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia

    I love your card today, havent got those picot circles they are so pretty so might have to add to my ever growning wish list

    Hope you sell your papers

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, a lovely girly card today love the colours.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Julia, A pretty girly card today, love the colours and the sentiment.
    Have a great day everyone.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, lots of texture on this card so its great, love the colours. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning julia what a beautiful girlie card loving the colours that you have used. I have these dies but not used them yet. But now that ive seen what canbe done with them im going to have ago at this card.
    Take Care Julia

    Debs Artliff

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia
    I just love todays card ,the colours are so me ,

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia...lovely girly card...love the dies... another for my wish list.....wonder if Santa has read it yet..... love the sentiment.... have a great day....

    Happy crafting
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi julia another lovely,pretty and very girly card!! I haven't got any of the decorative cicle dies and I think I really need to remedy that soon!! Lol is it you doing the creative expressions shows on monday? Love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. another pretty card Julia,love the colours and the dies used.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia,
    Another pretty, girlie card, love the colours, the new embossing folders are lovely, need to get afew more, me thinks.
    Have a lovely evening.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia,
    A lovely card again today.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Joan B.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!