Thursday 20 December 2012

Friends are Lifetime Treasures

Hi Bloggers.

This is one of my favourite cards featuring the new Cut, Fold & Tuck dies that were on the Pick of the Day last month.

For the background, I randomly stamped one of the swirls from the Creative Expressions Mini Swirl Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival. I made sure the ink was dry then I ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Spellbinders Garden Lattice A4 M-Bossabilities Folder.

I cut a Spellbinders Grand Decorative Circle out of Black Card. I cut the large Puzzle Effect die out of White Card and folded and tucked it. I added a Red Dazzler to the centre.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Thoughtful Sentiments Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using a die from the Spellbinders French Frills die set. I cut another of the same die out of Black Card. I used the inner from the white one with the sentiment and just the outer from the black one.

I wrapped some Red Sheer Wrinkle Edge Ribbon around the background and added some Black American Seam Binding on top. I tied a bow using 2 lengths of the Sheer Ribbon. I cut a motif out of White Card using the Spellbinders Botanical Swirls & Accents die set and added a Black Dazzler to the centre. I added a couple of Black Decorative Stick Pins to the back of the bow.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlecent PVA in Black Pearl around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.


18 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, beautiful card, lovely sentiment, the colours and layout work so well. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia....Gorgeous card love the colours. Love the sentiment must add these to my wish list.

    Happy crafting
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, WOW, I love this card, the colours again are stunning, the puzzle effect cut-fold-tuck die is gorgeous, I love your assembly of this card, and the french frills die-cut lends itself to sentiments, absolutely gorgeous, your background, as always, looks superb. The red and black ribbon etc pull the entire card together, beautifully.
    I must commend you on your instructions, Julia, they are always worded so well, and are easy for us to follow, thank you.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia. Didn't know whether i liked these dies well enough to buy them when they were shown on C+C but they make up beautifully. Another set on my "must have" list.

    The card is really lovely and the black and red ribbon really sets it off.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi julia this is a lovely card,everything about the card is great.I never did get any of the cut,fold and tuck dies but I think I might have to rectify that in the new year!! Love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete

  6. Morning Julia,

    Just love the colours and movement in this card. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia,
    Super card love the colours and the layout. Did not buy any of these dies I wasn't sure about them but I think perhaps I may change my mind.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia

    Stunning card I love everything about it

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Julia, A stunning card, the colours are so rich and vibrant. the layout is beautiful and the dies so delicate, love the sentiment.
    Have a great day everyone.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love these colour combinations Julia, a great card

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia

    I love the colours of todays card and the die is so pretty and intricate , Oh dear my Die wish list gets longer .

    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia, beautiful card today, love the colours, use of dies and layout. I do love the shape of these tuck fold ones. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  13. How did I miss that new cut and fold die? It's really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia I love this one ive got these die but not used them yet now ive seen this i will have to give it ago. I like the sentiment that you have used. It makes a stunning card.
    Take Care

    Debs A

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colours on this card Julia and i can see why it is a favourite one xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  16. great card love the colours.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia, a lovely card love the colours have the other cut and
    fold dies but haven't used them much but this one is great.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fan colour combination - so dramatic. Stunning card x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!