Thursday 13 December 2012

Wishing You Happiness

Hi Bloggers.

This is another of the demos that I didn't quite finish on Monday.

For the background, I dusted a piece of Coconut White Card with my Anti-Static Bag. I randomly stamped one of the butterflies from the Creative Expressions Floral Silhouette Stamp Set using Perfect Medium. I stamped a few and then added the Olympic Gold Lustre Embossing Powder from the Cosmic Shimmer Metallics & Darks Set. I continued stamping a few and adding powder until the whole area was covered and then heat set. I wiped away the excess mica with a dry wet-wipe. I popped the piece through the Grand Calibur with the Spellbinders Elite M-Bossabilities Folder and then inked around the edges with Butterscotch Adirondack Dye Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I dusted a piece of Coconut White Card with my Anti-Static Bag and stamped the main image from the same stamp set again using the Perfect Medium and embossed with the Olympic Gold Lustre Embossing Powder. I cut it out using a Spellbinders Fancy Postage Edge Die and inked through the die with Butterscotch.

I dusted another piece of card with my Anti-Static Bag and stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Dandelion Wishes Stamp Set using Perfect Medium and embossed with Olympic Gold Lustre Powder. I cut it out using a Fancy Ribbon Threader die and inked through the die with Butterscotch. I threaded some Cream Satin Edged Organza Ribbon through the slits in the die cut and wrapped the excess ribbon around the back of the background. I tied a bow with the same ribbon. I pushed a Fancy Pearl Embellishment into the Perfect Medium, added some Olympic Gold Lustre Powder and heat set. I added this to my bow.

I assembled the card as shown adding some 5mm Cream Pearls in the top right hand corner and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Golden Pearl around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.


26 comments:

  1. Morning Julia,
    Really liking these backgrounds you are creating they certainly pop off the page.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, gorgeous card! I have the Dandelion Wishes stamp and love it! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, loving the cards you are showing recently. Those stamps and embossing are gorgeous. I really must try that idea.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia, another beautiful card. Love the butterflies. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia. This is so pretty, just love the butterflies.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, Wow, I love this card, I'm loving all the embossing recently, and I adore the colours you have used. Absolutely stunning.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Julia,
    Lovely card today, the background is gorgeous, love the colour and the embossing. the pearl embellishment looks beautiful coloured with the gold, a really lovely card.
    Have a great day.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia,
    Beautiful card, love the embossed background and the butterflies are so pretty.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete

  9. Morning Julia,

    Lovely stylish card. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia

    What a stunning card today.... I love everything about it

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous card, love those butterflies and the colour is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card ,just beautiful .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh Julie you have excelled yourself here it is absolutely beautiful! Well Done you!

    Happy Crafting
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this card - the colours are scrumpylicious x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Julia, Loving these cards, the butterfies are beautiful and the embossing is so rich, the pearl embellishment looks gorgeous coloured gold, a lovely card.
    Have a great day everyone.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi julia wow what a lovely,fresh and very pretty card this is and the colours are lovely too.I love all the backgrounds you've been doing recently and once I've finished my xmas cards this is what I'm going to concentrate on-making my own backgrounds so thanks for the inspiration love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Julia, lovely card and i love the stamps and embossing. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning julia another great card im loving this set of stamps that you have been using.. i like how you have made the back ground. Take Care

    Debs A

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the gentle colours of this card. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the gold and white colours on this card, so so pretty.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely colours Julia stunning card xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia,

    Just catching up a bit as I have been at home with my mum this past week and unfortunately missed your shows. At least I can see the ideas on your blog and I seem to have missed some really pretty cards, this one being one of them, so delicate. Regards Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia, loved this card when you demo'd it love the subtle gold just my style will be trying this one. Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a very elegant card, gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love everything about this card - just beautiful. Thanks Julia for all your inspiration. X

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia,
    Wow! what a beautiful card today! I just love it. The subtle colour against the white is magnificent. great job.
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Joan B.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!