Sunday 30 December 2012

Friends are like

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I spritzed through the Flower Mask with Cosmic Shimmer Tarnished Gold Vintage Mister on to some Milk Card. Then I randomly stamped a rose from the Creative Expressions If the Shoe Fits ... Stamp Set using Sepia Paris Trunk Dye Ink. I made sure that the ink was dry and then ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Intrinsic Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the pattern - here I have used ribbon to hide the join. I inked around the edges with Yellow Damasque Paris Trunk Dye Ink using Cut n Dry Foam before adding the ribbon.

I stamped the bra and knickers from the Creative Expressions Frilly Things Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured it in using Sepia Ink and Enchanted Gold Mica Powder from the Cosmic Shimmer Garden Flora Mica Spray Set. I cut them out with scissors and went around the edges with a black marker pen to hide any white bits.

I stamped the sentiment from the Frilly Things Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Floral Ovals and inked through the die with Yellow Damasque.

I tied a bow using 2 lengths of London Tan American Seam Binding and added a Light Brown Dazzler.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Olympic Gold around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.



16 comments:

  1. Morning Julia great card you give me some much great ideas to use my stamps thankyou Tracy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia. This is so very pretty. It must take you hours to do the little dots around the edge.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete

  3. Morning Julia,

    Not so sure about this one. Love the background and the words. Not so sure about the placement of the underwear. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, Really pretty card, lovely colours, your background, as always, is stunning.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia,
    Love the colour and the background the underwear items are not for me.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia

    Love your card, the background is gorgeous

    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia, another beautiful card, love the sentiment. Having been trying a few backgrounds like you do them, and am quite pleased with the results. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the background its fab .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabralous card Julia lol love the sentiment too these stamps are great for girly cards xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Julia, A lovely girlie card, love the background and colours.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia, Love the colours you have used.Blessings. Isobel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi julia love everything about this card,the colours are not what you would normally use on a girly card but they look great. Love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is certainly not pants! I love it. X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia, a great card love the sentiment and the background as usual
    is great. nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia,
    I love a card with a little humour and this card certainly has that! Can think of lots of friends who would love to receive this one.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Joan B.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!