Monday 10 December 2012

Just Because

Hi Bloggers.

TV shows today at 11am with Lottie and 3pm with Zoe - although that may change! In the shows today I have some of my favourite stamp sets from this year and one from last year - all easy to use as no colouring in required. The main aim of today's shows is to show off some of our lovely Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powders with the stamps - let's hope I manage it!

Here's today's card -

For the background, I randomly stamped the swirly image from the Creative Expressions Floral Silhouette Stamp Set using Rust Adirondack Dye Ink. I made sure it was dry and then popped it through the Grand Calibur with the Spellbinders Elegance M-Bossabilities Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the pattern and then inked around the edges with Rust using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the main image from the same stamp set using Perfect Medium and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Ancient Copper Metallic Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Fancy Ribbon Threader and inked through the die with Rust.

I threaded some London Tan American Seam Binding through the slits. I tied a bow with Cream Satin Edged Organza Ribbon and another with the London Tan American Seam Binding. I added a Light Brown Dazzler.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Trees of Imagination Stamp Set using Perfect Medium and embossed with the Copper Powder. I cut it out using another die from the Fancy Ribbon Threader die set and inked through the die with Rust.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Golden Pearl around the edges.

Hope you can join me later and perhaps email in?

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

24 comments:

  1. Good morning Julia what a great card im looking forward to your shows today as ive got some stamp but im not a colouring in person so it will be great to see what you do. I will have to send a email in so enjoy the shows
    Take care julia

    Debs A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, love the copper tones on this card, and the ribbon threader dies, are I think another must have. Looking forward to the shows. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia

    Fabulous card, I love the colour scheme it looks so rich

    Looking forward to todays shows, hope they dont change the schedule

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia. Beautiful card, love the oolour and the background. Looking forward to the shows later. I usually e-mail your shows but have never been read out or picked out sadly.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, WOW oh WOW !! I absolutely love this card, the colours are amazing, love the embossing (I must admit I'm not a lover of colouring in, so this is fantastic), love the ribbon threader die-cuts, everything blends beautifully together. I LOVE IT.
    Looking forward to your shows too, and like Val above, I usually email in but never get my name mentioned either, good luck with the shows.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi julia wow I really love this card,its simple but looks like you've spent ages doing it!! And the colour of the ribbon matches the ink really well. Looking forward to seeing your shows later love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful card today, really love the background, the colour is stunning, looks really rich and warm.
    Have a great show today, hope they let you demo in good time.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia,
    Beautiful card. Shows all the elements to their best. Looking forward to the shows. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Total gorgeousness, Looking forward to the shows but may miss the first one and no sky+ here

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Julia I love this card, colours are gorgeous. Looking forward to todays shows

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia,
    Love your card today copper tones look so good withe this stamp.
    Hope you manage to get demos done.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the desogn of this card but must confess I am not a great fan of brown but in blue or green would be super for me. Best of luck today.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, now this is more my style, it has real WOW factor, love the colours, i alwasy use my cosmic shimmer embossing powders so will be tuned in to see what goodeis you have. Good luck for the shows. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia,a great card today love colours and design
    and yestedays card was absolutely goegeous didn't manage to log on but had a peek today looking forward to see it demo'd
    today have set to record as so busy this time of year, will
    watch when I get chance. Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. hello julia,i have this set of stamp and i have found then good to ues,even as back ground stamps. i have to say i am not good with mica,not used it much. hope to se your shows. have done 3 cards out of the project book,with my twist,love bluebell-flowerwood.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia
    I have just hit the record button ,just in case i get interrupted as im hoping to learn a thing or two , im not too good with stamps .

    Todays card is really pretty , love the colours

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card Julia love the simplicity of the stamped image xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Julia, Stunning card today, love the rich warm colours and the stamp is beautiful. Will be watching the shows, enjoy the day.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the colours in this card, must use it more as it looks so classy.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good afternoon Julia , wow , I love this card......another 'must-have' purchase on my list.The stamps and embossing powders are gorgeous. Looking forward to the next show today ,

    Love from Julie (Llanelli) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, gorgeous card love the embossing powders and stamp.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  22. loving the colour of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia,
    I love the style of this card. I had to work today but recoeded your shows. I just watched the three O'clock one and your demos were brilliant. Great job.
    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!