Monday 24 December 2012

Doing What You Like

Hi Bloggers.

Hope you're all ready for Christmas and not having to brave the shops today. I've been having a clear out in my craft room and there's lots of good stuff that I just don't use so I've popped them on ebay - you can have a  look here. Items include some Martha Stewart punches, some Sizzix dies and a Cuttlebug Machine plus some other stuff.

A manly card to share today -

The background is a piece of Foundations Argyle Paper. I stamped the sentiment from the Sincere Sentiments Stamp Set on to some Milk Card using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels 28. I cut the next size up out of Black Card.

I cut 2 x border backers out of Milk Card using the Spellbinders Diamond Strips & Accents CFT die set. I cut 2 x border CFT out of Black Card using the same die set. I folded & tucked them ans glued them to the backers.

I tied a gi-normous bow out of Black/Ivory Striped Grosgrain. I assembled the card as shown adding a 5mm Black Pearl in each corner ans some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Black Pearl around the edges.

A fairly simple, quick card for a guy or change the colours and it could be for a lady.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

14 comments:

  1. Good Morning Julia,
    I wish you a Happy Christmas Eve, hope you are ready for tomorrow.
    Today's card is striking, I like the background paper, I tend to not do bows on male cards, don't know why, your bow looks lovely.
    Have a great day today, enjoy tomorrow with your family.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete

  2. Morning Julia,

    Lovely card.

    Wishing you and your a very Happy Christmas. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia. Very striking card.

    Hope you have a wonderful family Christmas tomorrow. Christmas takes so long to arrive but is over in a flash, so enjoy every minute.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning julia. A great guy card the growgrain ribbon looks okay for men never thought to use it but i will now. Hope you have a nice christmas with the family i will check in tommorow to see if you have blogged.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Julia x happy xmas to you all x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia,
    Merry Christmas to you your family and your blog followers. Thank you for the help and inspiration you give us each day.
    Nice card I would send to a man but without the bow.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi julia lovely masculine card,I don't normally do bows on mens cards but this one looks good.nearly finished on the xmas front one more trip then can relax!! Love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, fab card, love the colours and that paper is fantastic. Got one present to finish today then im done, all shopping etc done. I wish you and your family a merry christmas and a happy and healthy new year. Thank you for all your inspiration this year. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia
    What a super card especially for a man will lend itself to other colour ways too.
    Do have a lovely Christmas.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely man card Julia love the sentiment xx hazel merry christmas

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia.
    It's always difficult to make cards for men I think so this is a great one to keep in mind for next time I need one. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Joan B.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia, We have braved the shops today, some were jam packed others were not even busy, we only had a few things to get. I hope you are all sorted for the holidays.
    Your card today is lovely, I absolutely love the argyle paper, and this card would be gorgeous for a fella, I never like doing male cards, they always seem lacking in something, I love doing girlie cards with lots on ha ha, so it is fantastic to have a selection of male cards for inspiration, thank you Julia.
    I hope you have a really lovely Christmas and I hope that the New Year is really kind to you and yours.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Julia, A striking male card, don't usually use bows on male cards, but yours looks great, will try in future.
    Wishing you and your family a Happy Peaceful Christmas.
    Thank you for a year of inspiration.
    Happy Christmas everyone.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. great card ,thanks for your great cards you make,Laura O

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!