Thursday 27 December 2012

You Look 'Scent'sational!

Hi Bloggers.

Well that's Christmas over for another year. Hope you've had a lovely time and haven't eaten tooo much! How many of you are hitting the sales today? I have reduced some of the prices of older stock in my Amazon Store so you may wish to have a look at the bargains there?

Here's today's card -

The background on this is very subtle. Use a darker colour ink if you want it to stand out more. I started by spritzing some Coconut White Card with Cosmic Shimmer Antique Rose Vintage Mister. I then inked through the Flower Mask with Lavender Organza Paris Trunk Dye Ink using Cut n Dry Foam. Next I randomly stamped one of the small perfume bottle stamps from the Creative Expressions You Look 'Scent'sational Stamp Set using the Lavender Organza Pad. Then I popped the background through the Grand Calibur using the Couture Creations Cultivated Embossing Folder. Finally, I inked around the edges with the Lavender Organza.

I stamped the main image from the same stamp set using Jet lack Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured it in using the Lavender Organza Ink and Pearlescent Mica Powder from the Cosmic Shimmer Metallics Mica Spray Set. I cut it out using the Spellbinders Splendid Circles die set and inked through the die with Lavender Organza. I really love this die - one of my all time faves.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with clear powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Matting Basics B and inked through the die with Lavender Organza.

I tied a bow using 2 lengths of Blue White American Seam Binding and added a Pink Dazzler. I assembled the card as shown adding some Pearl Swirls and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

17 comments:

  1. Morning julia hope you had a good one love this card must get the stamp set thankyou Tracy w xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia. really pretty feminine card. lovely.

    I'm spending the day in my craft room playing with the Spellbinders i got for Christmas. heaven.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, Love today's card. very feminine.
    Hope you have had a lovely relaxing few days.

    Happy crafting
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card very girly. No way do I wan't to shop on a cold wet miserable day (I do all of my shopping online), going to be playing with my new Spellbinders.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, I hope you had a lovely christmas, i have another family get together today so more food to eat. Lovely cheerful card, love the spring colours. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello julia a very nice caed,any news what to exspect craft wis next year.love bluebell-flowerwood

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia, Merry Christmas. This is a beautiful feminine card. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, This is a beautiful pastel card, loving the background and the subtle colours used.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely female card for any age xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi julia this is a lovely feminine card and the colours are very subtle.Hope you had a lovely christmas and yes I was going to do a bit of sale shopping but its so wet amd miserable that I'm not sure now!! Love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the splendid circles die and the background again is fab.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julia,
    This is a very sweet card. You have a wonderful variety of designs. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia.
    Pretty card. Looking forward to keeping up with everything new you have to bring us in 2013.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Joan B.

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a delicate colour scheme, very pretty and feminine. no way am I going out to be bashed, knocked over and walloped in the sales. i'm planning to spend today and the next couple of days playing with the lovely stash I received at Christmas. thank you for the wonderful inspiration Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Julia, A pretty feminie card, love the delicate subtle colours.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia, a stunning card love the subtle background very
    girly just my style. no sales for me unfortunately I had my
    slimming world class today got my 2.5 stone award last week but put on 5.5lbs over xmas so must try and get it of again going on
    holiday on the 11th of january so hope everything still fits.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!