Thursday 8 March 2012

You are one of my nicest thoughts

Hi Bloggers,

What a lovely sentiment! It's from the Creative Expressions Kind Thoughts Stamp set and I've used it on this card -


I ran the backing paper though the Grand Calibur with the Spellbinders Regal M-Bossibilities folder. I cut a border and frame from the Spellbinders Antique Frames and Accents die set. I inked though the dies with Pumice Stone Distress Ink. I stamped the sentiment using Coffee Archival.


I cut some leaves and a border from the Spellbinders Damask Accents die set. I inked through the die on the leaves only. I did not emboss the border. Using a scoreboard, I carefully scored along all the peaks and the troughs in the border (hope you get what I mean). I did mountain and valley folds where I had scored and glued the ends together to make a rosette. I put some hi-tack tape on a circle of card (cut from a circle nestie)and added the rosette. I added some Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue and set aside to dry.


Once the glue was dry I stacked up some foam pads and popped them in the centre. I cut a shape from the Spellbinders Ribbons and Buckles die set, inked through the die with Pumice Stone and added a button with some Baker's Twine from the new Earthtones set tied through it. I popped all this onto the stack of foam pads.

I assembled the card as shown and added some dots of the new Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Golden Pearl around the edges.

I hope you can join me on Create and Craft today for the Spellbinders Shows (details in the left-hand side bar).

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Julia. So subtle and beautiful colours.
    Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, Just found your blog watched 2 shows love your demonstrations ,Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours of this card! Gorgeous! I am dying to get my mitts on that Antique Frame LOL Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie, this is a truly stunning card, the colours are wonderful. I have "copied" this idea for my Mums Mothers Day Card, I hope you don't mind but I have given you credit in my posting on the do craft gallery and will include you in my facebook posting. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing you on C and C soon.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!