Tuesday 27 March 2012

Flowers from Leaves

Hi Bloggers.

Today I'm sharing a card that I demonstrated on the Tool Shed show on Sunday.


For the flower, I cut 5 small leaves and 5 leaves the next size up from patterned paper using the Spellbinders Nested Leaves die set. As I was using paper I was able to cut all the layers at once. I cut a large Picot Edge Circle and the smallest one from a contrasting paper. I cut 2 felt leaves from felt using the same die set.

I adhered the large picot edge circle to the backing paper. I shaped all the petals using my bone folder. I put a spot of Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue in the centre and then added the large petals. I added extra glue where needed. I added the smaller petals in the same way. I popped the tiny picot edge circle die cut in the centre on a foam pad and added a pearl. I added a little glue to the leaves and popped them behind the petals as shown.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Beautiful Wishes Stamp Set on to some ivory card using Plum Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using the Spellbinders Ribbon Banners die set. I inked through the die using Aged Mahogany Distress Ink.

Hope you like the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

2 comments:

Only positive comments please!