Wednesday 14 March 2012

Love You

Hi Bloggers.

This is a card I didn't get to demo last week. It features the new Spellbinders Lattice Accents and Lattice Motifs designed by Sue Wilson. I heard Sue mention on a show about how good her dies would look in brown as a wooden trellis. So, I made this card.


I ran a piece of ivory card through the Grand Calibur with the Regal M-Bossibilities folder. I cut 2 x borders from the Lattice Accents die set and inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink while still in the die.

I cut the focal piece from the Lattice Motifs set and again inked with the Walnut Stain while still in the die. I stamped the sentiment using coffee archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder.

I cut a large buckle and a smaller round buckle from the Spellbinders Ribbon Buckles die set and inked with Walnut Stain while still in the die.

I cut some leaves from the Spellbinders Damask Accents set and also a border from the same set out of felt. (You can buy felt from Sam Poole here.) I made a scruffy flower with some Hi-Tack tape and the felt border.


I assembled the card as shown. I threaded some purple/ivory striped grossrain ribbon through the large buckle to pull it in a bit in the middle and wrapped the excess around the sides. I added a large bow tied with the same ribbon and topped it with the other die cut buckle, a button and some Baker's Twine from the Vintage Set. I added some little purple roses from my stash to the trellis on both sides.


I finished off by piercing all around the edges with my Tim Holtz Ruler.

Hope you like the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

2 comments:

  1. Stunning card ,love the colours on this you do Sue dies justice .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Love it, adore the dies Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!