Monday 19 March 2012

Pink and Black - Naughty or Nice?

Hi Bloggers,

Back with the new Spellbinders dies today. In this card I'm using them with the new Creative Expressions Vintage Lingerie Stamp Set. This is my favourite image from the set. The layout is very similar the the one I used in this post.


For the background, I ran a piece of white card through the Grand Calibur with the Spellbinders M-Bossibilities Folder - Regal. I ran it through a second time to extend the pattern.

I cut the largest of the Romantic Rectangles out of pink card and added the Trellis Mask at the embossing step.

I cut the largest of the Splendid Circles out of black card and 2 corners from the Lattice Accents set (also in black). I cut 2 leaves from the Damask Accents set in pink and 2 in black.

I stamped the corset using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. The flower on the corset is actually coloured in using the Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mist in Antique Rose. I just spritzed some on a tile and picked it up with a paint brush. I could have used Spun Sugar Distress Ink but the mister gave a lovely shimmer. I added a ruffle at the base of the corset using pink vintage ribbon (I will show how to do this on one of the shows on March 24th).


I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set again using Jet Black Archival and embossed with clear powder. I cut it out using the Spellbinders Antique Frames and Accents. I inked through the die with Spun Sugar Distress Ink while still in the die. I added some Baker's Twine from the new Vintage Set.


I made a flower out of felt (which I bought from Sam Poole) using Spellbinders Spiral Blossom One. I made another flower out of black card using Spellbinders Spiral Blossom Two. My third flower is a Creative Expressions Zipper Rose.


I assembled the card as shown.

Hope you like it. Thanks for stopping by.

Julia

4 comments:

Only positive comments please!