Saturday 3 March 2012

My fave - red, black and white again

Hi Bloggers,

Just love this colour combo. I'm using the new Vintage Lingerie Stamp Set from Creative Expressions again.


I stamped the corset (this one has to be my favourite) using Jet Black Archival and embossed using Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut the image out and went round the edge with a back promarker to hide any white bits. I coloured the rose in using Barn Door Distress Ink. I then added some feather bits along the bottom edge and secured with Hi-Tack Tape.


I cut some black card out using Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Three. When I passed it through the machine to emboss I added That Special Touch Fretwork Mask. I then cut out a Spellbinders Lattice Rectangles from red card and when I passed this through the machine to emboss I added That Special Touch Small Polka Dots Mask. When embossing with a mask, always make sure that the mask goes down first, then your die/cardstock with the cutting edge face up, then your tan mat, then your pink plate. This will ensure that you don't cut into your mask.

Next I embossed a piece of white card with the Couture Creations Lovingly Baroque Embossing Folder. I lined it up and ran it through a second time as the card was bigger than the folder. I then inked all over with Barn Door Distress Ink using Cut & Dry Foam.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with clear powder. I cut it out using an oval nestie and inked with Black Soot Distress Ink while still in the die.

I assembled the card as shown adding a bow made from 2 lengths of black vintage ribbon, a red zipper rose and some faux stitching around the edge.

Hope you like the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only positive comments please!