Friday 23 March 2012

Our Friendship is Tailormade

Hi Bloggers,

Today's post features the Creative Expressions Antique Dressforms Stamp set. This is one of the stamp sets that will be in the shows on Create & Craft tomorrow at 11am and 4pm. Hope you can join me.


I stamped the image using Crushed Olive Distress Ink. I used a damp paintbrush to pull some of the colour out on the leaves. I cut the image out using an oval nestie and inked with Dusty Concord Distress Ink while still in the die. I cut a mat from navy card using a scalloped oval nestie.


I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Crushed Olive Distress Ink and cut it out using Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Two and made a faux nestie out of navy card.

For the background I inked up a piece of ivory card with Dusty Concord, Crushed Olive and Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink. I spritzed some water into my hand and splattered it over the card. I dried with a heat gun and then splatted some lemon juice onto the card. I heat set the splats (it takes a while for them to turn brown. I then spritzed one of the dressform stamps with water and stamped them in a line across the card (you can just about make them out.


I assembled the card as shown adding some ruffled Vintage Ribbon in Sulphur Blue and a bow made from a length of Sulphur Blue and a length of Moss Green Vintage Ribbon. I topped the bow off with a button from my stash threaded with some Baker's Twine from the Primary Set.

Hope you like the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

1 comment:

Only positive comments please!