Saturday 24 March 2012

Good Friends Never Go Out of Style

Hi Bloggers,

This is hopefully one of the cards that I'll be demonstrating today on Create & Craft (details and times in left-hand side bar).


I ran a 7 1/2 inch square piece of Kraftcore card through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Vintage Dressmaker Embossing Folder. I sanded the embossed image to reveal the core. This is such a lovely folder and works really well on card that is bigger than the folder. I will have some of Sue's samples on the show that use this folder too.


I stamped 3 of the Dressforms from the Creative Expressions Antique Dressforms Stamp Set onto Kraft Card using Sepia Archival. I cut them out leaving a slight border all round (makes it so much easier to cut out!). I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set again in Sepia Archival. I cut it out with an Oval Nestie and inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink while still in the die.

I stamped the scissors from the stamp set using the Sepia Archival onto some American Seam Binding. I tied a bow with 2 lengths of it and kept another piece to run across the card. I spritzed the bow and the spare piece with the Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mist in Tarnished Gold. I tied another bow using 2 colours of Baker's Twine from the Earthtones Set.

I assembled the card as shown and added a Tan Zipper Rose.

Hope you can join me today for the shows.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, I watched the 11 o'cock show and I've recorded the next one. You did a fabulous job and I love seeing your work. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julia, first time commenting. Loved your two shows today the cards were all beautiful. Bought the multibuy, I have loads of Creative Expressions items and love them all. Hope you were not too stressed doing the 2nd show as Jaqui seemed to be almost on top of your shoulder rushing you on

    Have a good weekend, will check in each day or so now

    regards
    lorraine porritt
    Paisley
    Scotland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card couldn`t wwatch live recorded rhem just watching now .stunning samples just watched you make this .Melanie

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!