Thursday 15 March 2012

Especially for You

Hi Bloggers.

This is the last card I have to share with you that I prepared for the Spellbinders Shows last week. I really faffed around with this card - took hours to get to the point where I was reasonably happy with it!


The backing paper is K & Co paper that I've had for a number of years. I cut the large Lattice Motif and 2 x corners from ivory card using the Spellbinders Lattice Motifs die set. I inked with Bundled Sage Distress Ink while still in the die.

I then cut a border and 2 x leaves from the Damask Accents die set, 2 different buckles from the Ribbon Buckles set, a small circle nestie and a square motif from the Lattice Motifs die set. I did not bother to emboss or ink the Damask border. I inked the others with the Bundled Sage. I cut, embossed and inked 2 more leaves.


I made a flower from the damask border as shown in this post. I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Kind Thoughts Stamp Set using Coffee Archival.


I assembled the card as shown and added a bow made from 3 lengths of ivory vintage ribbon. I finished the card with dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Golden Pearl.

Let me know what you think of the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

3 comments:

  1. This is a stunning card .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about struggling to get the right finished look on a card - do it often lol. I really think it was worth it here though. The colours are soft and the finished look is really stunning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card love the trellis dies
    Well done
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!