Wednesday 7 March 2012

The Naked Bow!

Hi Bloggers.

Strange title for this post, huh? Well, this was supposed to be a demo in one of the Spellbinder Shows I'm doing tomorrow but the Layered Flowers dies have sold out so this is the only place it'll be shown. It's bothering me a little because the bow is 'naked'. Whenever I'm making samples for shows, I always think of Sue. She's always saying 'Don't forget about your edges' and 'you can't have a naked bow'. Well, she's not actually saying that all the time but those are 2 things that she's said that have stuck and I always hear her saying them in my mind when I make a card - sad, eh? Anyway, this card has a naked bow on it - I actually like this one like that but whether I give in and add something to it is anyone's guess.

Better show you the card, hadn't I?


For the background I used the Spellbinders M-Bossibilities Folder - Simplicity. Just love these folders. I inked around the edges with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink.

Using the largest of the Spellbinders Labels Twenty Five dies, I drew along both edges of one side of the die with pencil onto green card. I cut this out with scissors and this made my flower stem.

The leaves are cut from the Spellbinders Damask Accents set. They look like they're waving, don't they? (Yep, definitely lost the plot!)

I cut a flower base layer and a flower top in white card using the Spellbinders Layered Flowers dies. I inked through the die and around the edges with Aged Mahogany.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Sincere Sentiments Stamp Set using Plum Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using the tag die from the Spellbinders Antique Frames and Accents Die Set. Again, I inked with Aged Mahogany while still in the die. I added a bow (the naked one!) made from 2 lengths of Basque Red Vintage Ribbon.

I layered the card up as shown and added some dots of Cosmic Shimmer White Pearlescent PVA all around the edges.

Hope you like the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Julia you are so lucky to have all these dies for your cards. I like the flower on this one I saw those dies on Create and craft. They are now on my ever growing wish list.
    Well Done
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!