Saturday 17 March 2012

Easy Peasy Easel Card

Hi Bloggers.

Today I'm sharing an easel card made with Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Five and the Creative Expressions Vintage Lingerie Stamp Set.


I took 2 pieces of the Cosmic Shimmer Heat Bondable Film in Autumn Bronze and popped some of the Cosmic Shimmer Heat Bondable Fibre from the Vintage Set in between the 2 pieces. I then inked up the corset stamp with Jet Black Archival and carefully popped my film and fibre sandwich on top. I then added a piece of greaseproof paper and ironed it with my encaustic iron until the image had transferred the the film and the fibres had bonded. I then cut out the image. I put some Hi-Tack tape on the back at the bottom of the corset and added some black feathers.


For the base card, I folded a piece of black A4 card in half and put the largest of the Labels Twenty-Five dies so that one edge was overhanging the fold so that it didn't cut in that place. I then ran it through the Grand Calibur a couple of times so that it cut through both layers. I then scored the top half of the card approximately half way and folded. I cut another piece of black card from the largest of the dies and at the emboss stage I added the Honeycomb Mask.

I cut the next size label out of burgundy card. I stamped the sentiment using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using the smallest but one of the Labels Twenty-Five dies.

I assembled the card as shown.

Hope you like the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia

4 comments:

  1. Love the look of the corset. Hope you demo this on C&C

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the face of it this looks so simple but there is so much detail in your beautiful creation that I bet is it simply stunning in 'real life'. Thanks for another inspirational piece of art Julia.
    Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Card you make it sound so simple .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this technique demonstrated at craft shows and think it looks great. best wishes Jackie D

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!