Sunday 18 March 2012

If Love is Blind

Hi Bloggers.

Today I'm sharing this card -


On this card I have used the border die from the Spellbinders Moroccan Accents die set as a frame. This was inspired by this post from Sue.

The background was created by inking up an ivory piece of card with Dusty Concord and Aged Mahogany Distress Ink. I dusted the whole piece with Cosmic Shimmer Dark Bronze Mica Powder from the Metallics set. As Distress Ink stays wet for a while, the mica powder sticks to it. I then stamped the small feather from the Creative Expressions Vintage Lingerie Stamp Set randomly all over the piece using Perfect Medium. The Perfect Medium removes the mica powder that has previously been dusted on. It's important to clean and dry your stamp between each stamping so that the mica that has been removed doesn't contaminate your ink pad. I then dusted the stamped images with some Pale Gold Mica Powder from the same set. I wanted some texture so I ran the background through the Grand Calibur with the Trellis Mask. I then wiped the Aged Mahogany Ink Pad over the surface to make the Trellis design stand out more. I wouldn't recommend this as mica powder ends up on the surface of the pad but I do like the way it highlighted the Trellis design.

I stamped the main image using Plum Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels Eight and inked with Aged Mahogany and Cut & Dry Foam while still in the die. I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set, again using the Plum Archival and embossed with clear powder. I cut this out using Spellbinders Labels Two. Once again, I inked with Aged Mahogany while still in the die.


I made 2 flowers from Basque Red Vintage Ribbon. I also tied a bow using 3 lengths of the same ribbon. I cut 2 x leaves from ivory card using the Spellbinders Damask Accents. I inked through the die with the Aged Mahogany. I also cut 2 x leaves from the same set in burgundy card.


I assembled the card as shown and added some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Black Pearlescent PVA around the edge.

Hope you like the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card Julia - love the deep red. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. Will try something similar when my stamps arrive

    lorraine
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!