Sunday 25 March 2012

Ooh La La!

Hi Bloggers,

Here's another of the demo cards from yesterday's shows.


First I dyed some American Seam Binding. I swiped some Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink into my craft sheet and spritzed with some water. I rubbed some American Seam Binding into it picking up all the ink. There were still some white patches so I made sure my craft sheet was dry and then added some more Chipped Sapphire. This time I also added a little Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent Mica Powder from the Metallics set. I spritzed it with a little water and popped the ribbon into it until all the white bits were gone. I scrunched up the dyed ribbon and left it over night to dry. The mica powder adds sparkle to it.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Vintage Lingerie Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I swiped the Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink onto my craft sheet and picked up the ink with a wet paint brush. I used this to colour in the corset excluding the side panels. I added a little Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent Mica Powder to the ink and mixed it together. I used this to colour in the side panels. I allowed it to dry and then cut the image out with scissors. I used a black promarker to go around the edges to hide any white bits from my cutting out.


I cut a large Spellbinders Lacey Oval out of white card. While still in the die I placed a Fretwork Mask from That Special Touch over the card and inked through with Chipped Sapphire using Cut & Dry Foam. As the Distress Ink stays wet for a while, I was able to dust all over with the Pearlescent Mica Powder.

For the background I inked through a Small Polka Dots Mask from That Special Touch with the Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink using Cut & Dry Foam. Once the mask was removed I then inked around the edges with the Chipped Sapphire. I stamped the corner stamp from the stamp set in the top 2 corners using the Chipped Sapphire and also stamped the sentiment at the bottom of the card.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer White Pearlescent PVA around the edges and a Blue Zipper Rose.

Hope you like the card.

I'm due on Create & Craft today at 12noon in the Tool Shed with Spellbinders dies. Hope you can join me.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only positive comments please!