Tuesday 6 March 2012

Sometimes the simplest cards are the best!

Hi Bloggers,

This has to be the quickest sample card that I have ever made and I really like it!


I folded an A4 piece of Ivory card in half to make an A5 card blank. With the card still folded, I then placed the largest of the Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Five dies against the fold in one half of the card (hope that makes sense!). I made sure that part of the die was off the card next to the fold so that when I put it through my Grand Calibur the fold was mostly intact so I had a card blank. You can get 2 card blanks out of one piece of A4. I inked all around the card blank using Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

Using the next size down of Labels Twenty Five, I then cut out a panel from some patterned paper. I inked around the edges with Vintage Photo while still in the die.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Kind Thoughts Stamp set using Coffee Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using the smallest but one of the Labels Twenty Five dies and again inked around the edges with Vintage Photo while still in the die.

I assembled the layers as shown and added a bow made from American Seam Binding in Chalk White.

I liked the simplicity of this card so much that I also made a Thank You card -


Hope you like the cards. They fit in a standard C6 envelope.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

1 comment:

  1. Two stunning cards Julia well done . I love that die , its now on my wish list.
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!